Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Bush Solar Solar Panel offer.

  1. #1
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default Bush Solar Solar Panel offer.

    I have just received a second phone call from an Indian accented Gentleman telling me I qualified for a 'Govt Rebate of 40%' to have Solar Panels installed.
    After listening to the spiel and their want to come to see me 'Tomorrow at 3pm or at a more suitable time', I told him to stick his Solar panels and hung up.
    On the second call I was able to get the company the caller claimed to represent as 'Bush Solar' but he hung up before I could get a location of this company.
    I did a 'Google' but only found one similarly named company in Qld that I tend to doubt is 'Cold Calling' nationwide.
    This maybe a quite genuine call but being of a suspicious nature, the caller was Indian and being on the 'Dont Call' register, I view these calls as dodgy.
    Anyone else had these calls or any information regarding it?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 434 Times in 193 Posts
    Rep Power
    212
    Reputation
    2277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I have just received a second phone call from an Indian accented Gentleman telling me I qualified for a 'Govt Rebate of 40%' to have Solar Panels installed.
    After listening to the spiel and their want to come to see me 'Tomorrow at 3pm or at a more suitable time', I told him to stick his Solar panels and hung up.
    On the second call I was able to get the company the caller claimed to represent as 'Bush Solar' but he hung up before I could get a location of this company.
    I did a 'Google' but only found one similarly named company in Qld that I tend to doubt is 'Cold Calling' nationwide.
    This maybe a quite genuine call but being of a suspicious nature, the caller was Indian and being on the 'Dont Call' register, I view these calls as dodgy.
    Anyone else had these calls or any information regarding it?
    Hi Gordon ,

    It would be against the law for an Australian company to cold call you regarding a business proposition while being registered on the don't call register.
    If this was a legit call you could report them to the ACMA where they would get some quick attention.

    Having said that, this is a total scam and good warning to others , there is and has never been a 40% Gov Rebate to install Solar , No Company would have access to your entitlements either in regards to rebates.

    The Indian scammers have made a fortune from the gullible already using the Virus infected PC scam , they would also be well aware that recently Australian's have been falling over themselves wanting solar panels to save the planet for their grand children .
    Unfortunately there will be bucket loads falling for this scam as well.

  • #3
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    Joey, Being on the 'Dont Call' register was another reason I was leary and I actually thought these Rebates had ended.
    I also thought since the NSW State elections this year, the 'Buy Back' payments were either finished or massively scaled back from the 60 cent per Unit and finaly, being on the Old Age Pension, any 'Payment' received can seriously impinge on the Pension as per another recent posting in the Forum.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • #4
    Senior Member porkchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mt Gambier
    Age
    44
    Posts
    536
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 95 Times in 81 Posts
    Rep Power
    146
    Reputation
    543

    Default

    I am intrigued if anyone would have turned up the following day - as per your original post. Thought also occured that they may also be phishing for identity details, as would be highly suprised if they had anything past what is publicly available in the phone book.

    Like anything of this nature, there is always someone gullible taking the bait - otherewise they would never bother.

    Similar thing, only discussing it this morning with my wife, whom advised she had someone on the doorstep yesterday trying to flog solar hot water. Our household policy is we don't sign up to any door-to-door or telemarketing offers. If the offer is that good, leave details and we will do the research in our own time! Unsuprisingly this has been met with obvious resistance - as we aren't playing to their game plans!
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

  • #5
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    Porkchop, you dont know just how tempted I was to agree to have them call and if 'They' arrived, exactly what the proposition was.
    My only concern was I am not totaly sure of my 'Refusal Rights' if I had agreed to allow 'Them' to visit as opposed to receiving unsolicited calls or material.
    I do know there is a fixed number of days allowed for a 'Cooling Off' period but I must say I am not fully familiar with the Law and as such I thought it more prudent to just to say no interest there and then.
    But I was sorely tempted as I live out of town and have them waste time and money calling on me would have pleased me no end.

    Your comment on the 'Door to Door', Your ' if I want it I will call you' attitude is the only way to go with things like this.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-08-11 at 04:59 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 434 Times in 193 Posts
    Rep Power
    212
    Reputation
    2277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Joey, Being on the 'Dont Call' register was another reason I was leary and I actually thought these Rebates had ended.
    I also thought since the NSW State elections this year, the 'Buy Back' payments were either finished or massively scaled back from the 60 cent per Unit and finaly, being on the Old Age Pension, any 'Payment' received can seriously impinge on the Pension as per another recent posting in the Forum.
    Gordon ,

    The biggest problem is that there have so many changes it all gets very confusing.
    The Government grants are now given in the form of REC's "renewable energy certificates" basically it's less than the initial 8K grant that people got regardless of the system size.
    What has ended is the government funded REBS , "renewable energy buyback scheme " , so instead of people getting paid 60cents per Kwh they produce they are getting around 20cents for new systems, made up of what the energy provider wants to pay you and the rest is a government gift.

    The alarming part about the call you received is that you would need to have applied for the government grant to begin with before you would know if you were eligible , then only after you had an installation quote so they actually knew what you were claiming the grant for ) , secondly the government grants "past of present" have never been a percentage , , quite funny really is that 40% of a 10K system or 40% of a 300K system lol .

    The part that really pisses me off is that these scum seem to have a register of pensioner contact details, the very people that can least afford these things to begin with and sadly the people with almost no means to recover financially.
    I think the elderly woman from WA recently that even took out a loan after her saving were gone to pay these "infected PC scammers" was very lucky the bank was compassionate and freed her of the loan .
    The poor old dear was trying to hide what was happening from her family as well .

    It's a good thing you are part of a forum that discusses all sorts of current technology , keeps you sharp to all sorts of nasty scams.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

    gordon_s1942 (26-08-11),Guiseppe (07-05-12)

  • #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    10

    Smile any comment about bush solar

    Hi Gordon, just want to check with you how did you go with bush solar? I think I had the same guy calling me and offering me a what he call a super special deal for $10,000 I get a 5kw system with 27 panel. I find the company a little doggy and wanted to find out more about this people and your post came up on google.

    Really need some help, Can anyone out there share your expirence or knowledge with me please?

  • #8
    Administrator
    mtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17,685
    Thanks
    5,173
    Thanked 11,414 Times in 5,621 Posts
    Rep Power
    4005
    Reputation
    163971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puppy05 View Post
    Hi Gordon, just want to check with you how did you go with bush solar? I think I had the same guy calling me and offering me a what he call a super special deal for $10,000 I get a 5kw system with 27 panel. I find the company a little doggy and wanted to find out more about this people and your post came up on google.

    Really need some help, Can anyone out there share your expirence or knowledge with me please?
    I don't know if any of this is helpful or not.

    Could just be a phishing scam, or it could be a legit business.....






  • #9
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    Puppy05, take notice of the date I posted this origionaly, 24th August 2011 and then see the dates on those 3 links posted by MTV, all 31 st of August 2011.
    As I said in my origional post, when I googled 'Bush Solar' I only found an address in Queensland but 7 days later that name now appears to be located in Wentworthville, a western Sydney Suburb so are they the same company from Queensland or even the same company I had the 'Cold Call' from back then?
    I have never heard any more from anyone regarding this offer or any other similar ones regarding the installation of Solar panels but if I ever wanted them, I will make the enquiries myself and come off the grid completely if they are as good as they say.
    I have seen ads with these 27 panels and I have been curious just how big they are and how much they generate as few places generaly have roof space for that many full sized panels to be installed.
    localy one farm has that many on a long shed roof as there is no way they would fit on the house.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    10

    Default Bush Solar and Indian

    Hi Every1

    Regarding certain claims of Govt. Rebate Offers by Bush Solar and passing to the customers:
    i am in the Solar Industry , I run my own business and I m an Indian (Indians now come from every part of the world...just like many other RACES)
    I have taken a great offence against the Brand ""Indian'"

    Point 1. Their Claims are exaggerated to say the least
    point 2. About cold calling / DNCR - tell me a company that has not violated DNCR..and where do they (the Indians and other RACES) get the CLIENT DETAILS... how about asking your Aussie companies/organisation run by White Anglo saxons ( just to give you who is in charge and giving you a real picture)

    point 3. Admittedly, the Indians dont have a very good PR ..why cultural and Phsysic Distance...but no excuses its their (our) problem
    point 4. Are the Indians ONLY SCAMMERS on the planet ....Has any1 got GUTS to admit and name other RACES who scam from sunrise to sunset....( this is a very strong challenge to every1 , by the way)
    point 5. Atleast these Indians are contributing to the nations ECONOMY and TAX dollars and not waiting for handouts and Begging on the streets
    point 6.In any Industry , one will always find the GOOD , the BAD and the UGLY
    Point 7. I have worked for very LARGE white companies and they have ROBBED the white pple BLIND and they get away with it.. but when an Indian does the same or similar , it is exploded from a mould into a mountain .. and thats why I am defending the Brand Indian....Look this guys from Bush Solar.. I dont know him from a bar of a soap, he doesnt pay my bills or gets the food on the table....but the singling out one race DAY IN DAY OUT has finally got my goat.....

    I will be very happy to take on my critiqs.....so lets share the BLAME GAME and see how many pple I can get out of the closets and into real world....Thnx

  • #11
    Administrator
    mtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17,685
    Thanks
    5,173
    Thanked 11,414 Times in 5,621 Posts
    Rep Power
    4005
    Reputation
    163971

    Default

    I despise all telemarketers, ragardless of race or location.

    It's just that the majority of telemarketers making unwelcome calls have Indian accents and lie about where they are calling from. Eg: they say they are calling from Melbourne, Sydney etc, when clearly they are calling from overseas.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

    SpankedHam (08-02-13)

  • #12
    Banned
    watchdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,966
    Thanks
    136
    Thanked 869 Times in 514 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    8320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black N curry aussie View Post
    Hi Every1

    Regarding certain claims of Govt. Rebate Offers by Bush Solar and passing to the customers:
    i am in the Solar Industry , I run my own business and I m an Indian (Indians now come from every part of the world...just like many other RACES)
    I have taken a great offence against the Brand ""Indian'"

    Point 1. Their Claims are exaggerated to say the least
    point 2. About cold calling / DNCR - tell me a company that has not violated DNCR..and where do they (the Indians and other RACES) get the CLIENT DETAILS... how about asking your Aussie companies/organisation run by White Anglo saxons ( just to give you who is in charge and giving you a real picture)

    point 3. Admittedly, the Indians dont have a very good PR ..why cultural and Phsysic Distance...but no excuses its their (our) problem
    point 4. Are the Indians ONLY SCAMMERS on the planet ....Has any1 got GUTS to admit and name other RACES who scam from sunrise to sunset....( this is a very strong challenge to every1 , by the way)
    point 5. Atleast these Indians are contributing to the nations ECONOMY and TAX dollars and not waiting for handouts and Begging on the streets
    point 6.In any Industry , one will always find the GOOD , the BAD and the UGLY
    Point 7. I have worked for very LARGE white companies and they have ROBBED the white pple BLIND and they get away with it.. but when an Indian does the same or similar , it is exploded from a mould into a mountain .. and thats why I am defending the Brand Indian....Look this guys from Bush Solar.. I dont know him from a bar of a soap, he doesnt pay my bills or gets the food on the table....but the singling out one race DAY IN DAY OUT has finally got my goat.....

    I will be very happy to take on my critiqs.....so lets share the BLAME GAME and see how many pple I can get out of the closets and into real world....Thnx
    you joined up just to defend Indian scammers?

  • #13
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    I had forgotten about this post until now but I had another call offering me a Solar Instal with some rebates and a 'Visit Tomorrow' etc about 2 weeks ago.
    This time however the caller was a woman I think but again with a strong Indian Accent but I said 'No Thanks' and hung up the phone without really listening to any of the offer or who the company was.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • #14
    Senior Member
    weirdo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,458
    Thanks
    4,638
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 1,632 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    29582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black N curry aussie View Post


    point 4. Are the Indians ONLY SCAMMERS on the planet ....Has any1 got GUTS to admit and name other RACES who scam from sunrise to sunset....( this is a very strong challenge to every1 , by the way)
    No, of course not.
    The Nigerians are good at it too.
    Don't get us wrong mate, we love indian but couldn't eat a whole one

  • The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

    Tiny (08-02-13)

  • #15
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    I have always wondered if you eat Indian, is it like Chinese and your hungry an hour later?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • #16
    Administrator
    admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    30,727
    Thanks
    2,133
    Thanked 13,066 Times in 5,591 Posts
    Rep Power
    4202
    Reputation
    151898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by black N curry aussie View Post
    Hi Every1

    Regarding certain claims of Govt. Rebate Offers by Bush Solar and passing to the customers:
    i am in the Solar Industry , I run my own business and I m an Indian (Indians now come from every part of the world...just like many other RACES)
    I have taken a great offence against the Brand ""Indian'"

    Point 1. Their Claims are exaggerated to say the least
    point 2. About cold calling / DNCR - tell me a company that has not violated DNCR..and where do they (the Indians and other RACES) get the CLIENT DETAILS... how about asking your Aussie companies/organisation run by White Anglo saxons ( just to give you who is in charge and giving you a real picture)

    point 3. Admittedly, the Indians dont have a very good PR ..why cultural and Phsysic Distance...but no excuses its their (our) problem
    point 4. Are the Indians ONLY SCAMMERS on the planet ....Has any1 got GUTS to admit and name other RACES who scam from sunrise to sunset....( this is a very strong challenge to every1 , by the way)
    point 5. Atleast these Indians are contributing to the nations ECONOMY and TAX dollars and not waiting for handouts and Begging on the streets
    point 6.In any Industry , one will always find the GOOD , the BAD and the UGLY
    Point 7. I have worked for very LARGE white companies and they have ROBBED the white pple BLIND and they get away with it.. but when an Indian does the same or similar , it is exploded from a mould into a mountain .. and thats why I am defending the Brand Indian....Look this guys from Bush Solar.. I dont know him from a bar of a soap, he doesnt pay my bills or gets the food on the table....but the singling out one race DAY IN DAY OUT has finally got my goat.....

    I will be very happy to take on my critiqs.....so lets share the BLAME GAME and see how many pple I can get out of the closets and into real world....Thnx

    This is quite a rant considering that the only thing mentioned about indians in the original post was the following :

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_s1942
    received a second phone call from an Indian accented Gentleman
    and
    the caller was indian
    Gordon, like anyone else on the do not call register, is entitled by law to not have people calling him trying to sell him anything. If he wanted to listen to sales calls, he wouldnt have signed up for it.

    If Gordon wants to state that the person on the phone had an indian accent, he is more than entitled to. If you want to get offended over nothing, thats your perogative and your problem.

    The fact of the matter is that Gordon was called illegally and the person on the phone is lying as there has never been a 40% rebate. Its common knowledge that a lot of Australian companies outsource their phone support to India (amongst other countries) and its also obvious that a lot of these phone support people are onselling our personal details to just about anyone, mainly scammers and spammers.

    The fact is, a lot of spam and scam do originate out of India and I doubt people are just going to self deny that just to appease you.

    Quote Originally Posted by black N curry aussie
    I have taken a great offence against the Brand ""Indian'"
    So what would you like us to call Indians ? Sub continental asians or something ? An Indian is an Indian, just as an American is an American or anyone else is whatever they are.

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

    carjackma (09-02-13),Tiny (09-02-13)

  • #17
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Central Tablelands of NSW
    Age
    76
    Posts
    13,824
    Thanks
    1,242
    Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,523 Posts
    Rep Power
    1739
    Reputation
    56926

    Default

    Had it been a Nigerian of whom I have had multiple Scam emails from as many around the world have, someone with a distinctly Asian accent, say from the Philippines or a Middle European accent, I would have used the same term.
    I identify my ethnic origins as Australian born Anglo Saxon/Irish/Scottish ancestry and had it been someone of my own background, I would have said so without prejudice.

    I would remind this complainant that the Indian Press had a field day when an Indian student was assaulted and asserted that this was how all people of Indian extraction were treated in Australia.
    Not one word though when an Indian Student murdered his female companion and fled back to India to avoid prosecution.
    Just a few days ago in a 'Learn English Chatroom' in Paltalk, I heard 2 male persons who claimed to be Indians say they were learning English to come to Australia to study when another person asked them 'Why Australia when Indian people/students are being assaulted there?'
    I might add when I had a call from again an Indian accented male claiming my computer had been 'Flagged' by Microsoft as having problems and when I told the caller that they were crooks and low life mongrel scum and hung up, this wonderful fellow rang back 17 times, YES, SEVENTEEN times cursing and swearing over the next 2 days.........
    So I think I have a reasonable cause to say that my association with those call centres who have INDIAN employees hasnt been pleasant and so I am TARRING all those calling with the same brush.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •