Thread: Time Clock pendants

Thanks

Default Time Clock pendants

Weve all recieved new proxy key tags to log in and out at work.
    We have to swipe them when we arrive and swipe them at knock off.
    Weve been told there so they know whos in the building for evacuation purposes should there be a fire etc. but weve been told were not to use them when we go out for lunch, were to stay logged in. If there purely for knowing whos in the building at a time of fire etc then why have we been told were not to use them when we leave for a few hours of a day ie. to visit a client etc. I arrive aprox 45mins before i officially start and about 30 mins afterwards as ive a heavy workload and its easier to get some things done out of hours. Im on salary so ive been asured its not for us but more for the guys in the workshop. its quite clear its not realy for fire purposes as the fire dept would like to know the real number of people inside, not just the number of those logged for that day. The pendant is a tear drop shape and has a number printed on the outside. Weve also been advised we will be liable for a $150.00 fee if we loose it but not if i goes faulty. Just for the hell of it is there a way these tags can be made faulty. ie strong magnets etc???
    Im not to fussed about them recording when i arrive or leave but its the big brother thing that p!sses me off. how can i make my tag faulty or is there a way to reprogramme this thing to require a replacment key each day??

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I would think a few seconds in the microwave would be worth a shot
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Never thought of that..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

We were told the same thing about a sign on book at one place I worked. It's just so they know who is in the shed in case of fire. Well we only had a max of 8 guys in the shed and 11 people total at the site. And we were also told not to put the time we actually arrived, but the time we were supposed to start work if we arrived early. The boss or the secretary always noted if we arrived late though. Well a couple of the guys were dumb enough to believe them.

Thanks

Love your idea statesmanjeff!

We used to use a keypad to key ourselves in and out when I used to work shiftwork but other people were keying others in and out, so they changed that idea. I worked a business/IT consulting company and I suggested we invest in these for use of certain projects. This would allow us to monitor how much time we are spending on each project. Management loved this idea and we all liked it instead of keeping a log book, then one dark day they decided to start logging and comparing each of us by giving us a separate tag instead of one tag per project.

If you were to have a fire, the fire truck that attends will need to know everyone who is in the building and will want that information straight away.

Depends how it actually functions and what it is made of but a microwave would kill it but you could try putting it in your freezer overnight and on the way to work it will defrost and hopefully not work. If everyone or a majority of people start doing this it will cost them too much money to replace and the idea will be scrapped.