Thread: Full HD

Thanks

Default Full HD

Just a question about FULL HD. I understand LCD's/Plasma's are all different prices, this is due to resolution, features etc, BUT if a TV is FULL HD what is the difference? Is it fair to assume that when buying a FULL HD TV that the panels and picture should just about be the same on all of them and the only difference in prices between FULL HD TV's should be its features such as HDMI ports, PIP, Audio etc.

Just trying to understand why when looking through catalogs you see a page full of 42" LCD TV's that are all FULL HD yet they vary in price so much.

I assume quality must come in to it as well. A FULL HD Soniq TV from JB Hi-Fi sells for less than $1500 yet Sony, Panasonic TV with similar specs are thousands of dollars dearer.

Your Thoughts and Opinion ?

Cheers

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks

HD does come in varying levels due to the resolution of the screen, a true full HD is 1920 x 1080 pixels and is the top of the range. This panel will give you the full benefit of a Blu-Ray player.
    The Eagle Flies High!

Thanks

HD is generally 1080i resolution, when they say FULL HD they may be refering to the tuner being high def digital, best and only way to purchase these sorts of thing is to compare specs..

after saying that DONT buy plasma, the main manufacturers no longer make plasmas, and what ever you by get ext warranty!
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!