Thread: openbox s10 network issues

Thanks

Default openbox s10 network issues

I have problem to connect the new openbox s10 to the network.

I set up a linksys 160n router with DD-WRT as wireless bridge router which connect to my primary giveaway router.

I then connect the openbox s10 to that wireless bridge router via the network cable, but I can't see the s10 on my primary router and ping it. I have set the openbox s10 network DCPH ON.

When I directly connect the s10 to my giveaway router by cable, I can ping the s10 and see its network address on my giveaway router.

I tested the wireless bridge router with laptop and another dm800, it all fine. I have upload the c-line, and it won't work without the network connection.

Can anyone get any idea?

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rldragon2004 View Post
    I have problem to connect the new openbox s10 to the network.

I set up a linksys 160n router with DD-WRT as wireless bridge router which connect to my primary giveaway router.

I then connect the openbox s10 to that wireless bridge router via the network cable, but I can't see the s10 on my primary router and ping it. I have set the openbox s10 network DCPH ON.

When I directly connect the s10 to my giveaway router by cable, I can ping the s10 and see its network address on my giveaway router.

I tested the wireless bridge router with laptop and another dm800, it all fine. I have upload the c-line, and it won't work without the network connection.

Can anyone get any idea?
    Use an 'N' line

Thanks

Do you mean If I change to N-line, it will fix the network connection issue?

I though I need to sort the network connection first before I can move to the next step setting up the c/n line.

And how I set up the N line from c line in S10?
    Last edited by rldragon2004; 26-08-11 at 03:09 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

I'm sorry, I misread & Misunderstood your post.

As for the HOW, simply change the the C to an N in the line, use the Newcamd client as opposed to the Cccam client.

Thanks

I changed the n-line from c-line, it only work on directly connected to my primary router, not to the wireless bridge router. It should be the same with wi-fi bridge dongle,may be openbox s10 don't support.