Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving from Uk to South Australia, i have a vu+ duo & openbox s10

Thanks

Default moving from Uk to South Australia, i have a vu+ duo & openbox s10

my question is, would it be worthwhile bringing them to Oz with me, at the moment i have them on a network at home sharing my uk sky card, i'm unsure what is available in Oz & CS?

thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Might be a good idea to bring both boxes. Not as much channels as UK but stilll worthwhile stuff to choose from in South Australia. There are 3 main birds available to see TV.
    Last edited by dishboy; 27-08-11 at 02:54 PM.
    Just chasing my tail and getting nowhere.
    In my last life, I must of been a dog.

Thanks

They will work with a fox blue cad if you can still get one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I would be bringing them. There are a few birds to point a dish at over here
    The local paytv providers are foxtel and Austar and you can get the older blue foxtel NDS cards running and sharing fine. You can also get all austar cards running but not the latest 5.7 irdeto cards used in the Mystar and only the really old 4.1 cards you might get sharing.

Cheers,
    Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 27-08-11 at 07:08 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satpink View Post
    my question is, would it be worthwhile bringing them to Oz with me, at the moment i have them on a network at home sharing my uk sky card, i'm unsure what is available in Oz & CS?

thanks in advance
    Why bring them at all. Why not put Vulkano placeshifting device on your STB and just stream SKY UK to Australia. I do works fine anywhere in the world.
    Last edited by admin; 28-08-11 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spam unrelated to topic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Why bring them at all. Why not put Vulkano placeshifting device on your STB and just stream SKY UK to Australia. I do works fine anywhere in the world.

seriously do you have f###ing shares in this vulkano crap or what ?. because every other post from you is vulkano. i know you worship the bloody things as if they were your gods but i dont care to have it shoved down my throat every flaming second.
    Last edited by admin; 28-08-11 at 09:51 AM. Reason: I dont need to see them all again

• The Following User Says Thank You to DUDE For This Useful Post:

gado (27-08-11)

Thanks

thanks for the replies, problem with leaving the stb's in the UK is we will be renting out our house & renting a house in Oz, can't really leave it set up & its £55 a month for uk sky tv, if i take out a sub with austar or foxtel is it pot luck with what card i receive or is it possible to buy used equipment complete with a card & get that authorised, which is the better network austar or foxtel ?

regards steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    seriously do you have f###ing shares in this vulkano crap or what ?. because every other post from you is vulkano. i know you worship the bloody things as if they were your gods but i dont care to have it shoved down my throat every flaming second.
    The reply was not directed to you it was for the OP so no need for your utter rudeness really. No I don't have shares in Monsoon and this forum is to give information to others about all the options of what is possible. Can the OP use his decoders with Orange card Foxtel or Austar cards? NO
    So what if he cannot get older Blue Foxtel cards his boxes would then not be a lot of use would they.

You may not like it but there are many people who like to discover new ways to get content they thought they may not otherwise be able to watch.

For the OP... Austar or Foxtel really depends on what content you want. If you want your F1 Cricket Premier League games then Foxtel is really the better option as we get the 3pm UK kick off games you cannot get on Sky UK. There is very little in the way of local UK content but we do get UKTV which has quite old content.

You can go to the Foxtel website and Austar websites to see what they offer. You can also use the BBC Iplayer in Australia as well so you can get some FTA content from the UK that way as well. You may need a UK VPN but they are easily arranged.

I'd say wait till you get to Australia ( Which city will you live in?? ) and have time to look at someones Foxtel or Austar package. You would have to contact Foxtel to get an install from them and in many places it might be on cable TV and not on satellite. It all depends on where you live. You cannot get Austar everywhere.. again it depends on where you live. Exception could be with Red Dragon ( clone ) Cards for Austar.

Not everything in Australia can be card shared and with Foxtels Orange NDS card no third party boxes are working with the Orange NDS cards.

Read this thread below.

55 pounds equates to a solid Foxtel package ... around $83 Australian.
    Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 28-08-11 at 03:47 AM. Reason: add austech thread link

Thanks

we will be living in adelaide, not sure of the district/suburb yet, as for tv channels, i'm a man utd fan so it would be good to follow them in HD if possible, documentaries are also good, discovery, nat geo, history, sky 1, those type of channels, i'll have a browse at austar & foxtel websites & see whats available.

thanks for your informative reply

Thanks

thanks for the replies, problem with leaving the stb's in the UK is we will be renting out our house & renting a house in Oz, can't really leave it set up & its £55 a month for uk sky tv, if i take out a sub with austar or foxtel is it pot luck with what card i receive or is it possible to buy used equipment complete with a card & get that authorised, which is the better network austar or foxtel ?

regards steve
    off topic i know but did you used to work for morrison ? the building firm ?

i only ask as some one i know called steve is also moving from the uk to live in Australia round about now.

Thanks

one other thing, i have 2 dreambox 500c's are they able to work on the cable network?

Thanks

not me mate

Thanks

not me mate
    no worries bud, just thought it worth a ask.

hope you get your setup running as you need it downunder.

Thanks

we will be living in adelaide, not sure of the district/suburb yet, as for tv channels, i'm a man utd fan so it would be good to follow them in HD if possible, documentaries are also good, discovery, nat geo, history, sky 1, those type of channels, i'll have a browse at austar & foxtel websites & see whats available.

thanks for your informative reply
    Yes Fox Sports HD has the Premier League Games and there is an interactive button like on the SKY UK to switch between games.

There are different fees for HD and non HD sports channels just like SKY UK Disc Nat Geo all are there in HD .... but not SKY 1 of course.

THe boxes work differently on the menu but pretty much all STB's do the same thing. You can go to the menu to select SPORTS channels or ALL HD channels... and the boxes can do recording on one channel as you watch a different channel. There is also a new service called VAST which you might want to look at as well.
    Last edited by admin; 28-08-11 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Sick of blatant picture advertising....infractions will follow if more are posted

Thanks

one other thing, i have 2 dreambox 500c's are they able to work on the cable network?
    There is a DM section on the forum that covers those questions as well.

I don't have any dm's so can't advise on that.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 28-08-11 at 04:31 AM. Reason: add dm forum links

Thanks

is there a site besides ebay that might sell used equipment so i can get some cards/stb's i would like to have either austar or foxtel both look ok to me, i only watch 10 channels anyway, Mrs will be happy with bbc iplayer for soaps, what size dish is required & does it need to be motorised?

Thanks

is there a site besides ebay that might sell used equipment so i can get some cards/stb's i would like to have either austar or foxtel both look ok to me, i only watch 10 channels anyway, Mrs will be happy with bbc iplayer for soaps, what size dish is required & does it need to be motorised?
    You wont need a motorized and it barely rains in Adelaide anyways so a small 60cm is fine..... 85cm if you are worried about rain fade.. however I believe Adelaide is mostly on Foxtel Cable and not satellite. You cannot choose one or the other. Foxtel tells you if you get cable or satellite depending on your address.

Nobody can sell Foxtel STB's and cards on Ebay as its doesn't belong to them it belongs to Foxtel. I believe same for Austar which soon becomes VAST.

Very few sats to get in Oz ( unless you plan to get some large 2.4m or 3.7m cband motorized dishes ) its not like in Europe UK where you can pick up lots of channels from all the satellites being so close together over there on smaller motorized dishes.
    Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 28-08-11 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks

ok thanks i'll see if i can find a CS when i get there :-]

Thanks

ok thanks i'll see if i can find a CS when i get there :-]
    Yeah let us know how you get on with that. Not so long ago in Oz some CS pirates were given a $ 1 million penalty.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

regards steve
    Have a chat to the installer when he arrives. The Austar installer I had came with a small receiver and red 5.3/5.4 card. We got talking and he thought he was doing me a favour as the box he received for me was the old ADB8776. I said that's fine and while installing I had a look at the card and it was a 4.1 card. If you're frank with them I reckon most will help.
    Someone also posted the Foxtel guy gave him a receiver with a blue card when he asked for it the other day.

Remember these cards are available with standard subscriptions and standard boxes.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast