Thread: SONY HD over Coax ( 720P over 500M RG59 )

Thanks

Default SONY HD over Coax ( 720P over 500M RG59 )

Hi,

Just finsihed has a show and saw a SONY product HD Hybrid over COAX. This camera is a IP signal that can run 500 Metres over RG59 coax cable out of the camera and on a sony decoder that outputs a IP and Analogue signal. This is signal is 720p and very little latency over the 300M they had it displaying on... Also as the processing is done at the camera the processor in the sever is not being chewed up by encoding.

I would have to say for any retrofit jobs this is the solution and not HD-SDI.... Sony can run 16 cameras over a ATom processor, lets see HD-SDI do that...

This is also a patient product for the next 2 years and you will see this move very quickly in the market.

Best products at the SHOW by far.

I think there are a few whit papers floating arund and I suggest you look into this.

MM

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Default More info

Sony has partnered with Intersil Corp who manufacture the Intersil Techwell chipsets that allow modulation and demodulaiton of digital IP data upto 500m over coax.

Thanks

I tell you what they are really going to have agood range as they have also got the new analogue range fpr around the $200ex mark with 650tvl..

I was really impressed with this as we a few larger clients SONY told me...

Also you are right it is 300M not 500M, not sure where I pulled that from.

Jamie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegapixelMan View Post
    I tell you what they are really going to have agood range as they have also got the new analogue range fpr around the $200ex mark with 650tvl..

I was really impressed with this as we a few larger clients SONY told me...

Also you are right it is 300M not 500M, not sure where I pulled that from.

Jamie
    They had it running on 300m at the show, it can do up to 500m Dan bespoke.
    Unless I am dreaming.
    But yes this is a good product for the retro fit sites. Exciting times with so many choices now.
    Nuuo system looked really nice from Q-Video and Exacqt continues to be a delightful product

Thanks

Yeah I think I had a typo I spoke with Dan and he said 300m not 500m.. Still a exciting product for future jobs..

I havn't used NUUO before but heard its OK, Still I favour Exacq though

Cheers
    Jamie

Thanks

Yeah I think I had a typo I spoke with Dan and he said 300m not 500m.. Still a exciting product for future jobs..

I havn't used NUUO before but heard its OK, Still I favour Exacq though

Cheers
    Jamie
    Nuuo is targeted at your smaller clients, they are hardware flexiable so thats a plus when you want to squeeze some dollars out.
    Exaqt is your mid range jobs headed toward 200 odd cams. It does this very very well.
    I will have my demo unit here this week to really get dirty with it and see where it takes me from there.
    Has anyone had much love with a coax to ip convertor? record quality, stability ect.
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kneebo View Post
    Has anyone had much love with a coax to ip convertor? record quality, stability ect.
    thanks
    When you say converter, do you mean Video Encoders?

Thanks

The camera has a coax output that goes to a encoder, either a single or a blade encoder.The encoder has both a RJ45 ( HD ) and a Coax output ( 640 x 480). The Rj45 then goes to the Switch and then the NVR... There also is very little latency in between scene and screen.

Let me know if I am right Uncle

When I spoke with Dan from VSP and the Sony tech they told me the price for camera and encoder will be more expensive then Analogue but cheaper the a IP camera... let me rephrase that... Cheaper then a SONY camera ..

Also Sony have the patent on this for 24 months so I think you will see then move on this fairly quickly....

Even if the cost was more expensive... Imagine the labour saving to fit out a larger job... In fact I know Dan told me VSP are in talks with some major companies already seeking this over IP.

Interesting times ahead..

Intelligeorge you work for a large company, why don't you you speak with Video Security about Sony, I know that are landing some big jobs.....200 cameras plus

Jamie

Thanks

The camera has a coax output that goes to a encoder, either a single or a blade encoder.The encoder has both a RJ45 ( HD ) and a Coax output ( 640 x 480). The Rj45 then goes to the Switch and then the NVR... There also is very little latency in between scene and screen.

Let me know if I am right Uncle

When I spoke with Dan from VSP and the Sony tech they told me the price for camera and encoder will be more expensive then Analogue but cheaper the a IP camera... let me rephrase that... Cheaper then a SONY camera ..

Also Sony have the patent on this for 24 months so I think you will see then move on this fairly quickly....

Even if the cost was more expensive... Imagine the labour saving to fit out a larger job... In fact I know Dan told me VSP are in talks with some major companies already seeking this over IP.

Interesting times ahead..

Intelligeorge you work for a large company, why don't you you speak with Video Security about Sony, I know that are landing some big jobs.....200 cameras plus

Jamie
    I can only see something like this booming. HD over existing coax is a huge deal because of the strong hold coax installs have and will have for some time.
    Yeah what you are saying Jamie looks correct. Pretty cool bit of gear I am trying to get my hands on them here to play with but not avail until January I am told.

Thanks

I haven't seen the Sony product so forgive me if this is completely irrelevant, but there are products such as the and various Chinese knock-offs which allow power and ethernet over a two-wire connection (including coax) onto which one could add an IP camera.

How does this compare?

Thanks

Yeah similar but not HD 1080p.

Will TX the TVL the camera displays. Good products but work out expensive if you try to use 16 of them on an existing analog system. Hence hybrid systems with the blades already in them.