Thread: VAST Online Activation

Thanks

Default VAST Online Activation

Does anyone know what the turnaround time for online activations are at the moment, reason i ask is i did a pre-authorisation check 2 days back and got the initial auto email straight away, then a human confirmation about 12hrs later. Anyway got the box yesterday did the online rego last night and so far zilch 17hrs later apart from the automatic confirmation email.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Send them another email. vastadministration@mysattv.com.au

Thanks

I've done another online application complete with Aurora card number etc, as per the initial application, hopefully they'll action it soon.

Christ it's bloody disorganised, and we used to think Optus could be slow

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Did one a few days ago... by the time I walked into the lounge room to look at the TV all channels were working.

A lot depends if you are automatically-entitled to the VAST commercial channels in your area, otherwise, VAST check with Optus on the Aurora card registration/authorisation.

Thanks

Just out of interest how hard is it to get permanently activation for vast would like to get mine permantley activated rather than keep renewing my travelers option. Or can a person that sells these activate it for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Did one a few days ago... by the time I walked into the lounge room to look at the TV all channels were working.

A lot depends if you are automatically-entitled to the VAST commercial channels in your area, otherwise, VAST check with Optus on the Aurora card registration/authorisation.
    Yes the area is fine, and i also have entered the same details as the pre-authorisation which only took 12 hours, i've emailed the address as suggested and nothing so far

Thanks

Default VAST Online Activation

Quote Originally Posted by Styke View Post
    Does anyone know what the turnaround time for online activations are at the moment, reason i ask is i did a pre-authorisation check 2 days back and got the initial auto email straight away, then a human confirmation about 12hrs later. Anyway got the box yesterday did the online rego last night and so far zilch 17hrs later apart from the automatic confirmation email.
    Have you got the box on 800 and turned on.?

Did mine just recently no problems !!

Cheers:

Thanks

Yes it's been on for 20 hours, just need a moron to o.k it and actually address the card.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Just out of interest how hard is it to get permanently activation for vast would like to get mine permantley activated rather than keep renewing my travelers option. Or can a person that sells these activate it for me
    A seller could only activate a decoder on your behalf with the correct information supplied by you. eg: name address, phone No, email; addy, etc and that you had read and agreed to the terms and conditions.

As for how hard it is to permanently activate a VAST card.. if you qualify for permanent activation, (eg: you live in a location which is currently entitled to receive all VAST channels) it can be instant.

Administrator
    Thanks

Yes it's been on for 20 hours, just need a moron to o.k it and actually address the card.
    If you can manage to get through by phone, this is a much better option than by email.

Thanks

If you can manage to get through by phone, this is a much better option than by email.
    What i don't get is they were answering emails activation requests 2 days ago, now zilch.

Thanks

First, reset the UEC box, in case it has gotten stuck and isn't receiving activation messages. Are you at least able to get Ch800? It's not just sitting there saying "searching for signal" is it?

If you can get Ch800, then go to the myvast website and do a smartcard "re-activate". If your card has been approved, the website should tell you that the re-activation was successful, and the box should at least give you ABC and SBS to start with. If it says the card is not active in their system, means VAST have not approved it yet, or didn't put it on their system.
    Last edited by ant999999; 02-09-11 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks

Okay all done finally this morning, now i wonder how long it will be before MCAS et all can read a v6 card and we can dump the UEC

Banned
    Thanks

Like wise I sent them an email and they answered it within 2 minutes (the email that is) and the channels where there at the same time I couldn't be more happier.

Banned
    Thanks

Okay all done finally this morning, now i wonder how long it will be before MCAS et all can read a v6 card and we can dump the UEC
    Don't know exactly what your talking about here but if your going to try your card in another box you might as well forget it, because it wont work, has this been your problem all along?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy11 View Post
    Don't know exactly what your talking about here but if your going to try your card in another box you might as well forget it, because it wont work, has this been your problem all along?
    No card wasn't added to the stream until this morning, all fine now.