Thread: 2pm AEST VAST dropout.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default 2pm AEST VAST dropout.

Was it just me or did VAST go Bye-byes for a few minutes around 2pm Eastern (Sunday) ??
    I wasnt watching the channel (on 90) but I saw the display flash on the STB and go thru the Boot/scan but when it returned, I had a black screen and no audio.
    I waited for a few, then did a Reset, checked the HDMI leads but nothing on anything (800 included) althought the display showed it changing channels.
    As I was wonder what next to try, the picture and background music appeared as I had pressed Menu a few moment earlier, exited, picked a couple of channels and all is well.
    The STB is always on and it may sit on one channel for a day or 3 and I hadnt touched the remote so what made it do the reset I havent a clue.
    I have had a few restarts like everyone, mostly when you try to be too quick for it to respond but this is the first time its not come back to the last channel with Picture and sound.
    So was it ME or was it THEM, hmmm ????
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Hi Gordon, my wife & I were watching TV (Austar) at that time, rainy day here in TAS, we weren't watching VAST but would have noticed the box blink & reboot as its just below the TV & it was on channel 1 to record motor sport. Just checked & all is good on our box.

Maybe your box just had a hiccup or a sneeze?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks

Brilliantly fine and clear here and I was on Austar too at that time but it was a normal reception as far as I could tell.
    Most likely just mine but as I say, I havent untill now had it not come back on fully after a reboot.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

All fine here in Adelaide using a foxtel dish

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

It is Solar outage time of Year again.

EDIT but then again if your pay didn't fault then it isn't solar outage. See if it happens again tomorrow at the same time.

Mick
    Last edited by mickstv; 04-09-11 at 08:37 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks

Oddly on Saturday at around 2pm I lost connection with the internet (Ipstar) and wondered if the sun was the cause.
    Sun's in the wrong place at 2pm to affect C1/D3, needs to near be near its zenith to do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Oddly on Saturday at around 2pm I lost connection with the internet (Ipstar) and wondered if the sun was the cause.
    Sun's in the wrong place at 2pm to affect C1/D3, needs to near be near its zenith to do that.

Might be the uplink stations having the solar outage ?

I definately have solar outage problems around this time each year normally lasts for a few weeks or so on Cband. I guess we will find out tomorrow if it happens to you again at the same time ?

Mick