Thread: Openbox S10 help.

Thanks

Default Openbox S10 help.

My issue is as follows. Dream 500s and 518s working fine via CCcam or MgCam. Moment I add a Openbox S10 I get regular pixellation and freeze of picture. What is going on?? All have individual user and pass. This one has got me stumped, I don't know what I have done wrong.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

I take it the 500s is your server?
    and the rest of the units are clients?

How many clients do you have in total and are the clients internal (in your house) or external to your server?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Are you using a CCcam or Newcamd(Mgcamd) connection? If using CCcam try using Mgcamd instead.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

jonc (27-12-11)

Thanks

Clients external to Server. A dream is set as sever. I have tried Cccam and Mgcam. No Joy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by montessa View Post
    Clients external to Server. A dream is set as sever. I have tried Cccam and Mgcam. No Joy!
    Internally? Can you see it connected to your server? Can you ping the Openbox on your network?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

If they are external (to your location) are you utilising a DYNDNS server and are all the relevant ports forwarded correctly in your router? and as Leroy said, on the S10 use Mgcamd.

Thanks

How do you force it to use mgcamd. I only seem to get pics if I have cccam.cfg active and the newcamd.list file also in place. I can't activate the mgcam. There is no option to set to active like in the cccam setting. Thanks for the help guys.. I have also noticed in the cccam settings where it shows the yellow text. It is flicking to offline...login....online. I get pics when it is offline. If a mate also just bought one of these S10's from the same place, do they all have the same mac address. Could this be the issue, if so can the mac address be forced to change like on the occy's?

Thanks

DynDNS is being used, I don't operate the server side of things. I just know it has been faultless with the DM500 and DM518's and it only seems to be having issues since we both got one of these S10 units. That is why I am wondering if it is a MAC address issue.

Thanks

Also which ports would I have to forward, how do you port the same port for multiple IP addresses anyway. I thought you can just do UPNP in these cases and hope for the best.

Thanks

If you are not handling the server issues then the port forwarding isn't a problem for you.
    So, what we are saying is someone else is running a DM500 server and you with your S10 want to connect to his server??.
    Im sorry I'm not at home at the moment so I can't access my S10 to give you an exact run through but I will be home later this evening and if the prob isn't resolved by then I will PM you and try and help.
    cheers.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Seymour Butts For This Useful Post:

montessa (10-09-11)

Thanks

Yeah thats the case. Thanks, If you can help when u get home that would be great.

Thanks

What I would love to know is why when I input the newcamd.list file into the MGCam section does it show up saying Newcamd on the OSD when changing channels. Is there a way to make it show MgCam or is it actually using a Newcamd Service. These may be obvious to others, sorry if these questions sound stupid.

Thanks

What I would love to know is why when I input the newcamd.list file into the MGCam section does it show up saying Newcamd on the OSD when changing channels. Is there a way to make it show MgCam or is it actually using a Newcamd Service. These may be obvious to others, sorry if these questions sound stupid.
    mgcamd uses the newcamd protocol.

Leroy

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

jonc (27-12-11)

Thanks

So Mgcamd is built into the Openbox image? And when we send our newcamd.list to the box it just uses that protocol. Makes sense thanks Leroy. I have fixed the issue I had with the S10 - as it turned out the PC running the server was running like a dog. A restart fixed it. I think the Dream didn't require as much out of the server as the openbox did. It could handle the data transmission even when the pc was being a dog. Thanks all for the tips and help, much appreciated!!

Thanks

Also can someone suggest a really good USB to Com port adapter so I can use a better laptop to drive the server. This laptop just ain't cutting it obviously, it just gets too bogged down with nothing but data traffic. Pretty lame old laptop, it does have a built in com port though hence why it has been used. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Also can someone suggest a really good USB to Com port adapter so I can use a better laptop to drive the server. This laptop just ain't cutting it obviously, it just gets too bogged down with nothing but data traffic. Pretty lame old laptop, it does have a built in com port though hence why it has been used. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
    Check out the ATEN usb serial adapters.

Leroy

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

jonc (27-12-11),montessa (10-09-11)