Thread: 500Gb IDE hard drives for DVR

Thanks

Default 500Gb IDE hard drives for DVR

I have a site that has a Bosch Divar 16-channel DVR with 2 x 160Gb IDE hard drives currently installed. The maximum hard drive size this unit can accept is 500Gb per drive. I'm having trouble finding new 500Gb IDE drives - anyone know where I can get some?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

• The Following User Says Thank You to intelliGEORGE For This Useful Post:

alarmman (10-09-11)

Thanks

I know this is probably a bloody waste of time posting but I have one I have had for about 5 months its been in a external case the whole time full of MP3 albums brought it brand new still in the wrapper. all I have done is dumped the data on it and its had the files read off it maybe 3-4 times tops. I dont use MP3 due to my Video's and I dont need to copy anything onto it. make an offer if you like and if you want I will list on ebay as a buy it now and you can pay by paypal if you wish.

P.S. I will leave all the albums on it. all I am really after is to enought to replace it with a bigger external drive (new) I would expect these IDE drives this size are worth a fair bit. now days especially almost new. until I brought this drive I had no idea IDE drives came this size. I will throw in the USB2 IDE case with it as I dont need it
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.

Thanks

better still if you are willing to pay hobart store over the phone for a external USB2 2TB external drive and instruct then not to let me collect it until you have recived the 500gb drive I will post the it for free registered/signature required.

P.S. I did also purchase this drive for a PVR but neve got around to pulling all the shit out of my cabinet to put it in. I think its a seagate from memory but will open case to get the part number/and or specs if interested
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.

Thanks

Thanks George. I did do a Google search and found some websites that listed the type of drive I need. I emailed them - they either didn't reply or don't stock them any more. I will try some of the sites via your link.

Thanks

I ended up trying 2 x 500Gb SATA drives with SATA-IDE adaptors (small interface PCB with a few chips etc on it) - the DVR recognised the drives, but came up with a "HDD fail" message. I tried different combinations of the master/slave/CS links, with no luck. In the end, I returned the SATA drives and found 2 x 500Gb IDE drives on the Net.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alarmman View Post
    Thanks George. I did do a Google search and found some websites that listed the type of drive I need. I emailed them - they either didn't reply or don't stock them any more. I will try some of the sites via your link.
    When it comes to I.T consumables I use 2 price comparison websites that generally cover everything I need.

Thanks

What George said. Just bear in mind that a lot of the smaller online computer resellers don't carry a lot of stock. They'll happily let you place the order (including payment) and only then let you know that your goods are 7-21 days away.

If it's a slightly obscure product, make sure you can get it when you need it.