Thread: Auto-tracking PTZ suggestions

Thanks

Question Auto-tracking PTZ suggestions

Having just learned the very expensive and hard way that when the US website spec says "NTSC/PAL" it doesn't actually mean that *I* get to choose the format I now find myself in urgent need of both internal and external tracking PTZ's for a job I'm supposed to be installing next week.

Having just trawled the net I don't find that many options. Aware of the Lilin and Samsungs but need a cheaper option to fit within what I've quoted based on what I *thought* I was buying cameras for.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Provision Security Products in Melbourne have tracking ptz's and a tracking box which you can connect to a normal pelco p / d ptz and turn it into a tracking ptz as well

Thanks

Thanks, Fordtech. After many hours of net research last night and this morning theirs was one of the names I had come up with and I had already called them this morning before posting. They have a cheap PTZ but it's only 10x and the next one up is a far more expensive 36x.

I've just spent the entire day driving from wholesaler to wholesaler and am struck by the fact that no-one's really got a good tracker - even tested one or two to make sure for myself. Interestingly the best tracking engine I ever came across was on a lowly AVTech. As long as you could overlook the fact that an IP67 rated camera would fill with water they were great!

Tracking boxes sound great in theory, but given the environmentally-friendly inclination of some trackers to look at trees, puddles and the sky I'd like to hear from someone who has used them before venturing down that path - they're not cheap, either.

Anyone care to comment?

Thanks

I no what your saying Kitchen Cynic, but I have yet to see a tracking device that doesnt get caught on a tree, Its just a matter of setting a time out on tracking. I use a tracking box on a 10x ptz and it sometimes will get caught on a object but after the timeout it will go back to doing its preset patrol looking for movement. Better than paying for a guard 24/7 to fall asleep.