Thread: Geno's Dodgy 12v solar/wind battery/grid tie setup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Geno's Dodgy 12v solar/wind battery/grid tie setup

Ok guys after watching Learjets solar setup I decided to do a bit of my own and living where i live thinking i had a lot of wind thought id chuck a wind turbine in there aswell. Also having 4 kids and living in a rental property i thought id better restrict it to my shed which made me have a lot of excess power going to waste so instead of burning through a resistor i thought id try 1 of those cheap grid tie inverter.

so here is my 80W folding camping solar panel on my neighbours roof and my 200W wind turbine.

another veiw of the turbine so you can get an idea of the height.

the reason i decided a wind turbine would be a good idea. It is a good couple of KM's to the other side of the lake.

Then it goes down to my charge controller and batteries.

Once my batteries are full the power gets diverted to the dodgy grid tie inverter which then pumps the excess power into the grid. If i use the power inverter the power is switched back to the batteries.

My next step is to get some fuses and clean up all the wire's after that i will be experimenting with another wind turbine.I am learning very fast about what i have wrong.

I am monitoring this of a killawatt meter which measure the amount of power going through a power point in both directions. I will post some readings later.
    Stop being so stupid.. it’s my turn!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ageno2gen1 For This Useful Post:

Learjet (14-09-11),Mysterex (14-09-11)

3. Look Here ->