Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austar and inbuilt GPS

Thanks

You guys are talking about something completely different; a GPS antenna cannot transmit a signal only receive a signal from a satellite transmitter, OK if the STB has a GPS module within, the only way the STB can tell the provider is via phone line & if the STB is not connected to a phone line??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to typan For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (03-10-11)

Thanks

This is a REAL technology, don't let the sceptics on this forum fool you. What Austar is doing is embedding a stealth technology nano transmitter that relays information back to the world bank on the neutrino stream. They are not alone, 73% of all electronic devices now contain this hardware which was developed in early 2003 by Lockheed's skunkworks team.

All of your passive and active electronic processes ARE being collected like it or not.

Fortunately, I have developed a neutrino blocker which when attached to your device will disable the transmission. Its in the form of a sticker about the size of a postage stamp which you wrap around the power cord or battery of each device.

Please pm me if you need any of these, I sell them for just 19.95 per unit with free postage.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

AHHHHHaaa, I heard today that in the USA, the power companies are introducing SMART electricity meters that not only can be programmed for Peak/Off Peak usage BUT, get this BUT can record and transmit personal details about you, the missus/Mistress/kids/dogs/Gay or Lesbian tendencies, your credit card details and usage and send it all to a computer for on selling to those Telemarketers.
    It was decided they wouldnt be able to pass any of this collected information onto any Government agency as this breached the Pure Foods and Dunny Washers Privacy Acts.
    So my mates idea of an Austar stb with an embedded GPS devise is only the tip of the Information Highway.

I think steveandnadine are on a winner here but I will wait for the Reverse Engineered Chinese Edtion before I get any.................
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 01-10-11 at 07:38 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,224 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steveandnadine View Post
    This is a REAL technology, don't let the sceptics on this forum fool you. What Austar is doing is embedding a stealth technology nano transmitter that relays information back to the world bank on the neutrino stream. They are not alone, 73% of all electronic devices now contain this hardware which was developed in early 2003 by Lockheed's skunkworks team.

All of your passive and active electronic processes ARE being collected like it or not.

Fortunately, I have developed a neutrino blocker which when attached to your device will disable the transmission. Its in the form of a sticker about the size of a postage stamp which you wrap around the power cord or battery of each device.

Please pm me if you need any of these, I sell them for just 19.95 per unit with free postage.
    Shit, it's Bob Lazar....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

best4less (01-10-11),mandc (01-10-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    AHHHHHaaa, I heard today that in the USA, the power companies are introducing SMART electricity meters that not only can be programmed for Peak/Off Peak usage BUT, get this BUT can record and transmit personal details about you, the missus/Mistress/kids/dogs/Gay or Lesbian tendencies, your credit card details and usage and send it all to a computer for on selling to those Telemarketers.
    That ain't the half of it. has shown that the smart meter can be used to determine what you are watching on TV so I'm sure Austar has already made arrangements with the electricity industry to remotely determine which households have an Austar STB present and can match that against their subscriber database to locate people that do the 2nd box pirate. GPS is old hat and will no doubt be phased out in the next My(disa)Star box.

Thanks

Shit I found a smart GPS microchip inside my toilet roll, LOL

• The Following User Says Thank You to typan For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (02-10-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by typan View Post
    Shit I found a smart GPS microchip inside my toilet roll, LOL

Looks like it's back to using old news paper for toilet paper

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    Looks like it's back to using old news paper for toilet paper
    With DNA and Nano technology available today, I am not so sure thats a safe option either.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Our local regional water supplier has recently replaced all of the water meters with a meter that they say has an RF chip in it, they say that a car can drive along the road and read your water meter remotely, now gone passed the hand held scanner,
    isn't technology moving fast. You can even check your usage online now.
    I don't know if the water meter has a 5 year lithium batt or such in it or not.
    But this is a genuine situation.

So, how much can a mobile phone that has a GPS tracking chip be manufactured for these days so that if your phone is stolen it can be located ?
    This mobile phone feature has been in the media recently, yes ?

So the power supply for a cheap chip/cct etc is supplied by the set top box and when the sat receiver box is plugged in and tuned to the sat freq of the pay tv transponder the activation signal to turn the inbuilt mobile phone GPS chip cct onboard could be achieved etc...
    just like activating a card, now giving the GPS location of the box.
    ET calling home via the mobile phone network?
    is that a maybe ???
    Last edited by kde; 03-10-11 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Well fark me you guys are making me so paranoid now, so I went and opened all my boxes and checked each chip and there is no tracking, bugging, filming or exploding device thank Christ
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to best4less For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (03-10-11),weirdo (03-10-11)

Thanks

Ok if a GPS chip is inside my STB, how will the GPS location be sent to the provider if it is not connected to the phone line? The LNB is a one way signal device, correct?

Thanks

Ok if a GPS chip is inside my STB, how will the GPS location be sent to the provider if it is not connected to the phone line? The LNB is a one way signal device, correct?
    three letters G S M
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

that cost money to run 24/7

Thanks

It is simple they will have over the phone automated activation system, every time the STB is disconnected fom the mains power for a given time.

On the tv screen there will be a number you enter, and that will have the GPS location and box number encoded. If the box is in the wrong place it will not let you watch it and they will know where you are.

So make sure you use a UPS so you can move it and it remains powered

Thanks

Another more likley option is when the box gets set up for the first time the GPS location is known and used by the STB to decode pictures and if the box moves more than a certain amount it will not decode the pictures making the box useless in any location other than the authorised registed address

Thanks

that cost money to run 24/7
    24/7 ?
    cost fa to send a gsm text of gps co-ordinates once a week
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Premium Member

Thanks

Lots of Austar areas DONT have mobile phone coverage except by Sat phone so unless its connected to the phoneline which they tried to insist on several years ago and only stopped when people demanded reimbusement for the phone calls made 'Calling Home'.
    I was never written into the contract that the customer was responsible for the costs of the calls except on that 'Games' channel. (Whatever happened to that???)
    I never realised what a fracas I would create when I started this Thread based on my 'friends' fervered ramblings but it has been fun reading and stirring up the 'Pond' a bit myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Go smack your mate in the back of the head for us Gordon
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

I think you guys have been watching to much SiFi, it all cost money which austar wont spend, LOL

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12