Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wierd channel 7 problem in perth HELP please

Thanks

Red face

okay I appologise to all no more prices will be spoken.
    I realised after i posted ..
    so once again I apologize

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    okay I appologise to all no more prices will be spoken.
    I realised after i posted ..
    so once again I apologize
    Don't worry about mentioning prices.... if people wish to mention what they paid for an item or a price they found for an item, I don't see any problem unless they are selling items, then they should post them in the BST forum... including prices.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-09-11)

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Default Second Harmonic Interference

Originally Posted by carjackma
    no I installed it myself and prior to that I installed the previous one ,
    I only replaced it because of the 7 issue until 6 weeks ago I had no probs,I called a antenna guy to test thats all not to install.
    I have clear line of sight to the transmitter and believe it or not I have a good picture on analog (not abc though) got me buggered .
    are there any alarms remotes etc that may use 177.500 ish freq? causing me grief as I said its not all the time.
    what I did find out today is they are using a new transmitter in rolystone and 7 is transmitted on that repeater around 477mhz so if I am within its range I might spin the antenna around and give it a go.

Carjackma, is there an FM radio station using 88.7FM anywhere close by or even within 20 or so Klms? 177.5Mhz is the second harmonic frequency for 88.75Mhz. If the TV signal is weak then there could be second harmonic interferance. The offending radio station is obliged to install filters to contain the second harmonic interferance. However the broadcaster needs to complain the the ACMA for an investigation to be launched.

However, 177.50Mhz is not being used by Channel 7 Perth at Roleystone (or actually the Canns Road Bedfordale site). They are using 745.50Mhz. So a bit confused. Where are you pointing your antenna?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    Originally Posted by carjackma
    no I installed it myself and prior to that I installed the previous one ,
    I only replaced it because of the 7 issue until 6 weeks ago I had no probs,I called a antenna guy to test thats all not to install.
    I have clear line of sight to the transmitter and believe it or not I have a good picture on analog (not abc though) got me buggered .
    are there any alarms remotes etc that may use 177.500 ish freq? causing me grief as I said its not all the time.
    what I did find out today is they are using a new transmitter in rolystone and 7 is transmitted on that repeater around 477mhz so if I am within its range I might spin the antenna around and give it a go.

Carjackma, is there an FM radio station using 88.7FM anywhere close by or even within 20 or so Klms? 177.5Mhz is the second harmonic frequency for 88.75Mhz. If the TV signal is weak then there could be second harmonic interferance. The offending radio station is obliged to install filters to contain the second harmonic interferance. However the broadcaster needs to complain the the ACMA for an investigation to be launched.

However, 177.50Mhz is not being used by Channel 7 Perth at Roleystone (or actually the Canns Road Bedfordale site). They are using 745.50Mhz. So a bit confused. Where are you pointing your antenna?
    Hey Beerman I am pointing at the bickley transmitter ch7 is 177.500 the rolystone repeater as recieved by my son inlaw 7 tunes in at 477. something on his tv. I think ch7 analog is 745.50mhz on the bedfordale repeater.

Thanks

Just a reminder. Lp34 is design for digital tv. Ie bands 3 and 4 since abc analogue is in the lower bands abc analogue will be snow compared to the other analogue channels within the digital bands.

Also canns rd repeater is band 5 so lp34 will not work on this situation
    Last edited by Strada916; 03-10-11 at 11:48 PM.

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    Hey Beerman I am pointing at the bickley transmitter ch7 is 177.500 the rolystone repeater as recieved by my son inlaw 7 tunes in at 477. something on his tv. I think ch7 analog is 745.50mhz on the bedfordale repeater.
    Ok, the Ch7 service is not using 477. something as this is the UHF CB band. Also Ch7 analogue would not be 745.50Mhz as 746.5Mhz is the digital centre frequency of channel 59. In fact Channel 7 Perth are in fact using 746.5Mhz out of Roleystone/Bedfordale site. Channel 7 analogue at this site is 752.22Mhz (Vision carrier).

I would suggest pointing your antenna at the Roleystone/Bedford site unless there is a reason you're pointing at Bickley (such as you're in a valley or on the transmission shadow side of a hill that makes Roleystone not an option.
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

Thanks

Same CH 7 problems here. Location orange grove. Used to be able to watch air crash investigation on 72, no more. September 2016 and digital. Perhaps signal is too strong, attenuator may be required.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domwild View Post
    Same CH 7 problems here. Location orange grove. Used to be able to watch air crash investigation on 72, no more. September 2016 and digital. Perhaps signal is too strong, attenuator may be required.
    Have you tried a full reset (delete all channels) then scan?

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123