Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Thanks

Default Battlefield 3

Anyone planning on buying this? I pre ordered a copy with exp pack for $72.00 today.

Planning on building a new PC system, time for an upgrade.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Where did you get it from?

Thanks

Was thinking of buying a downloadable version from the US for $78 but I would have no disc.

I checked out online and found EB games $88 to cheapest but when I went into the shop the guy said if I pre-order with him he will do it for $71.20 as long as I sign up to their card member thing. All I had to give was a first and lastname and a phone number, easy for discount. I'm not sure if this just my local EB or national.

I'm building a new system over the next month, still deciding on what to get.

Thanks

You can always just buy the CDkeys (Pre-orders Keys $24) and then use the EA downloader to download the game or just download the CD image off a torrent.

You can get the pre-order keys now, But I'd want for the game to be released,
    I think this is where I got my BC2 Keys from

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DND For This Useful Post:

johnwinger (17-09-11),max102 (29-10-11)

Thanks

That's a pretty good price for the cd key. The one I pre ordered comes with the first expansion pack and a couple of early unlocks, worth the extra money? The actual requirements have not been released yet but they are predicting that the downloaded version will be around 5gb, that's a pretty hefty download.

I would agree wait for the game to be released before buying one of those cd keys.

Thanks

Will definately buy this, playing the beta at the moment and its pretty decent, just the map sucks =p more DM style map

Thanks

what PC specs do you have? it run ok? they say beta is dumbed down a bit on the graphics.

I havent played beta, waiting to build a new PC at the end of Oct.

Thanks

yeah, I would like to know what minimum Nvidia card is required to run this game at full video settings?

Cheers

Thanks

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition with ozgameshop for $52.99. Usually have to wait about a week after release but for the price I can wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mborkp View Post
    yeah, I would like to know what minimum Nvidia card is required to run this game at full video settings?

Cheers
    The recommended GPU to enjoy Battlefield 3 is a GeForce GTX 560 or higher (the minimum specification is a GeForce 8800/9800 GT). Check below to see some upgrade options.

You can run a test at nvidia,

My poor old 9800GT just gets in to the minimum group...

Thanks

Cheers
    At what resolution?

People say that you can max it out on one GTX580 but that was for the beta which was July build and scaled down due to people having to download it.

Thanks

to get the best out of bf3 you will need to run your graphics cards in SLI or CF and dont run anything less than a pair GTX560ti

I'm going to buy a pair GTX570 or GTX580s to run with a quad core cpu

Playing this on the bare min or low specs would not be worth playing.

Thanks

Thanks guys,
    I'm considering now GTX580 or SLI 560. This is for 1920x1080, possible nvidia 3D if any good.
    What is the difference between 560 and 560ti (is this important for SLI setup?)
    Got Pentium i7 950, 6G RAM and SDD drives. Also GTX295... time to upgrade!

Cheers
    Last edited by mborkp; 21-10-11 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks

They say GTX560ti will out perform a GTX580. It also depends what your current graphics card is and if you are going to buy another one for SLI or buy two more cards for SLI to replace your existing one.

According to the Enthusiast Index benchmark from toms hardware guide you can compare graphics cards and you'll find that GTX560ti in SLI will outperform a GTX580. The best value for money will be the GTX560ti or a pair of GTX570. You could also go down the AMD path.

Also you need to take into account your current CPU and if it will cause a bottleneck and the rating of your power supply to handle the extra power requirements.

Does your motherboard have SLI? 6gb RAM is easily enough, the SSD drive will improve it a little bit but nothing like a video card upgrade will.

Thanks

Hi,
    thanks for that, I think I will go 560ti sli, my processor is pentium i7 950 (3.2MHz) but it might be easy o/clocked if needed. Mobo is Gigabyte EX 58 Extreme. From what I've read sli might create microstuttering. What I really want is reasonable fps and even more high quality, no need for 80fps....

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post
    They say GTX560ti will out perform a GTX580. It also depends what your current graphics card is and if you are going to buy another one for SLI or buy two more cards for SLI to replace your existing one.

According to the Enthusiast Index benchmark from toms hardware guide you can compare graphics cards and you'll find that GTX560ti in SLI will outperform a GTX580. The best value for money will be the GTX560ti or a pair of GTX570. You could also go down the AMD path.

Also you need to take into account your current CPU and if it will cause a bottleneck and the rating of your power supply to handle the extra power requirements.

Does your motherboard have SLI? 6gb RAM is easily enough, the SSD drive will improve it a little bit but nothing like a video card upgrade will.

Thanks

Hi,
    thanks for that, I think I will go 560ti sli, my processor is pentium i7 950 (3.2MHz) but it might be easy o/clocked if needed. Mobo is Gigabyte EX 58 Extreme. From what I've read sli might create microstuttering. What I really want is reasonable fps and even more high quality, no need for 80fps....

Cheers
    They say microstuttering is caused by SLI but the SLI technology has improved 1000% since it was first introducted. I've read that having more VRAM on the graphics card will decrease the microstuttering. If your motherboard supports it go for SLI, check your power supply is high enough. How many watts is your power supply?

You could wait for the game to be released and then read how peoples graphics cards fair and read the forums. They say the beta was dulled down and capped in terms of graphics. It will be released on Tuesday, I'd wait till then and read over the benchmarks and then decide. The GTX560ti SLI is a good option, good value for money and performance. If you want to o/clock your CPU you will need to go in stages to see how your CPU cooler handles it, might need to invest in better cooler than the generic one.

I've been reading the following forum and deciding what to buy.

When you do get the game up and running let me know and we can play as a squad if you'd like? I dont know anyone else who will be playing this on PC.

Thanks

Hi,
    my ps is 1000W I think, quality one. Sure we can play in the squad
    I'm in WA, but working shifts so plenty of time (any time when not working)
    Got prepaid for the game so I should have it on first release day.

I can still play it easy with my GTX295 in directx 10 for now.

I will pm you when I got the game running (I think I work around release day )

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post
    They say microstuttering is caused by SLI but the SLI technology has improved 1000% since it was first introducted. I've read that having more VRAM on the graphics card will decrease the microstuttering. If your motherboard supports it go for SLI, check your power supply is high enough. How many watts is your power supply?

You could wait for the game to be released and then read how peoples graphics cards fair and read the forums. They say the beta was dulled down and capped in terms of graphics. It will be released on Tuesday, I'd wait till then and read over the benchmarks and then decide. The GTX560ti SLI is a good option, good value for money and performance. If you want to o/clock your CPU you will need to go in stages to see how your CPU cooler handles it, might need to invest in better cooler than the generic one.

I've been reading the following forum and deciding what to buy.

When you do get the game up and running let me know and we can play as a squad if you'd like? I dont know anyone else who will be playing this on PC.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mborkp For This Useful Post:

johnwinger (23-10-11)

Thanks

Hi,
    my ps is 1000W I think, quality one. Sure we can play in the squad
    I'm in WA, but working shifts so plenty of time (any time when not working)
    Got prepaid for the game so I should have it on first release day.

I can still play it easy with my GTX295 in directx 10 for now.

I will pm you when I got the game running (I think I work around release day )

Cheers
    1000w will be fine for running SLI 560tis. I will be building my PC the weekend after release, my current PC makes minimum but I'm not going to bother to install it on this but build my new PC on the weekend. I havent even ordered the parts yet, better get into gear!

I'm over in Melbourne so the time diff will be interesting

If anyone else wants to play bf3 let me know, more than happy to play with anyone.

Thanks

very playable on my old 9800GT on medium settings.

Been playing for a hour or so on SP looks pretty good

Thanks

I'm picking my copy up later in the week, bought my new PC parts purchased x2 gtx580s to run in SLI and a 27" LED (it's massive)

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast