Thread: Oscam Cache>???

Thanks

Default Oscam Cache>???

I have read (albeit that what I have found is vague) that Oscam itself has the ability to cache ecm's. Does anyone know how this works? Is this something that's inbuilt by default or is it a feature that needs to be added and configured?

Is so, how?...or if someone isn't that familiar with it but has seen a good tutorial/key post on it somewhere, I'd be grateful for the link.

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Yes, oscam keeps a cache.

It would be the CW keys that are cached I think. They are only valid for 10 seconds before they roll.

If two or three users are watching the same channel, why would you want to add extra unnecessary processing? Why not just send the still valid CW.
    It is built in by default. If you have a look at the config page of the webif, you will see an option to delay cache answers, so the way to disable it (I don't see why you would want to do that) would be by setting the cache delay to 20 seconds or so.

Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

• The Following User Says Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

kobayashi (29-09-11)

Thanks

Thanks for that - if it's built-in by default - and enabled by default - like you say - no need to switch it off!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Why would you want to?
    If it was off, the extra hits for the same channel would have to be processed by the card each time, slowing it down and leading to possible pixelating, instead of just repeating the card response directlty from the cache, for responses it already knows and has calculated.
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fernbay View Post
    Why would you want to?
    If it was off, the extra hits for the same channel would have to be processed by the card each time, slowing it down and leading to possible pixelating, instead of just repeating the card response directlty from the cache, for responses it already knows and has calculated.
    Does this feature make it harder to run oscam in a satbox rather than a stand alone server - in comparison with CCcam? i.e. satboxes are under-resourced in terms of memory, cpu power, etc. when compared with a standalone server.

If oscam was to be used like this in a satbox, which satbox would be most likely to run it well?