Thread: jtag problem

Thanks

Default jtag problem

Hi i got a problem with my falcon jtag,i read the nand 3 times with no problems no bad blocks,compared them and there all good.So i put xell onto my 360 to get my cpu key.but when i type the cpu key into jtag tool its says "wrong cpu key cannot decrypt kv".Ive checked my cpu key over and over for any mistakes but its all good.Ive have never had this problem with any of my other jtagged falcons so i dont know what to do any help would be good.

cheers

Look Here ->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mastaola View Post
    Hi i got a problem with my falcon jtag,i read the nand 3 times with no problems no bad blocks,compared them and there all good.So i put xell onto my 360 to get my cpu key.but when i type the cpu key into jtag tool its says "wrong cpu key cannot decrypt kv".Ive checked my cpu key over and over for any mistakes but its all good.Ive have never had this problem with any of my other jtagged falcons so i dont know what to do any help would be good.

cheers
    I had this exact same problem with a falcon i did weeks ago, cpu key was what xell showed but got the could not decrypt kv message as well.
    To fix it use easyfreeboot and tick use donor files in the settings, then create an updflash.bin image and flash to console, should be fine then.

Thanks

I get all these weird errors when trying to create freeboot,should only use donor files be ticked or should there be others ticked also.

Thanks

I get all these weird errors when trying to create freeboot,should only use donor files be ticked or should there be others ticked also.
    Ok, what i did was just select the smc that i used (AUD_ clamp ) and click use donor files and the console type (xenon/ Zephyr/Falcon etc) and then create updflash.bin - dont select your nand dump when doing this.

Thanks

Got it work but when i boot in to xell,its still got my orgianal cpu key there.And i need the dvd key because theres no dvd drive in there at the moment.Should i just erase everything and just reflash it with the donor nand freeboot.

cheers

Thanks

Got it work but when i boot in to xell,its still got my orgianal cpu key there.And i need the dvd key because theres no dvd drive in there at the moment.Should i just erase everything and just reflash it with the donor nand freeboot.

cheers
    Xell should show your dvd key, the donor cpu key is only to decrypt the donor nand files so your cpu key is still unique to your console.

Thanks

Nah it doesn't it only show my cpu key for some reason.i get this error "kv_get_dvd_key Failure: kv_read kv_get_dvd_key Failure: kv_read".It boots into the dashboard fine its just that i need the dvd key so i can put a drive in.

cheers