Thread: new openbox s10, not channels

Thanks

Default new openbox s10, not channels

I just got a new openpbox s10, its not finding any channels,no even FTA show up.
    I have single LNB, not motor sat dish which is i use with a old satellite box which works perfectly.
    currently the old disk point to 115.5 E (chinasat 6b).
    I add the satellite 115.5E to the satellite list, and fiddle with the lnb settings from 5150(my old receiver used) to any one on the list, and do blind scan, it return "not program found".
    But the signal on the openbox shows streght 92%, quality 92%, and it never change, even I unplug the satellite cable.

I have reset to factory default, and rescanned many time with no luck. Am I do something wrong?

The s10 show all 0s on MAC,MACHINE and NIC setting and the firmware is 11-05-24.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Pretty odd. If it worked with the old box and dish hasn't moved. It should pick up something with Single 5150 and blind scanning at least.

Check your firmware revision. I've found this comment in the following link below -

"Hi dont know if youve fixed this yet but i think its the 17/7/11 software that wont find channels when scanned (at least thats how it is for me) so if you put an earlier or later firmware it should be ok"

maybe try firmware update or downgrade?

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rldragon2004 View Post
    I just got a new openpbox s10, its not finding a

The s10 show all 0s on MAC,MACHINE and NIC setting and the firmware is 11-05-24.
    I would not think all the 0s would be right and maybe the box is faulty?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkage View Post
    Pretty odd. If it worked with the old box and dish hasn't moved. It should pick up something with Single 5150 and blind scanning at least.

Check your firmware revision. I've found this comment in the following link below -

"Hi dont know if youve fixed this yet but i think its the 17/7/11 software that wont find channels when scanned (at least thats how it is for me) so if you put an earlier or later firmware it should be ok"

maybe try firmware update or downgrade?
    I I have read the link, but my stock firmware is 24/05/2011. I only want the FTA channel first.

I expect it is a very simple job that just pull my old STB out and replace with new s10.

Thanks

I I have read the link, but my stock firmware is 24/05/2011. I only want the FTA channel first.

I expect it is a very simple job that just pull my old STB out and replace with new s10.
    In theory yes simple job, unplug and plug in box.. but Im at a loss to explain why its not working with the scan settings and old box working before. Either try different firmware or Marty might be right if your box is faulty?

Thanks

Last night I did the following, still not luck.

1) change the firmware to 04/05/2011,02/03/2011, all the MAC MACHINE and NIC are 0s.

2)download the tp_prog.dbs which contains all the TPs, and setting for 115.5c.
    confirm the LNB of freg is 5150 for the 115.5C.
    do bland scan, not program found, do preset scan, all the preset channel show failed.

3) Take the box to my friend house replace his sat box with my s10 and scan the same 115.5c, not program found.

What else can I do now?

Thanks

3) Take the box to my friend house replace his sat box with my s10 and scan the same 115.5c, not program found.

What else can I do now?

I think based on the following above I would say the receiver is defective...

Can you claim warranty or just get a new box..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Yes I tend to agree. I've been watching this thread but looks like the OP has done all the right things.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Yes, I can. But I need to make sure I do everything rigth to claim it is defective.

I remember for the C-BAND LNB, it need 13/18v from the receiver. Is it the same with the S10? I may test the "LNB in" of the S10 to check if there is 13/18v there.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Yes, I can. But I need to make sure I do everything rigth to claim it is defective.

I remember for the C-BAND LNB, it need 13/18v from the receiver. Is it the same with the S10? I may test the "LNB in" of the S10 to check if there is 13/18v there.
    Every receiver needs volts on the 'lnb in' so it can select between horizontal and vertical polarity.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Yep every receiver box will display the following values depending if Vertical or Horizontal signal is selected.

Vertical - 12.5v to 14.5v
    Horizontal - 15.5 to 18v

Make sure cable is in 'LNB IN' and carefully check the other end with a multimeter making absolute sure you don't short (let shield and active core wire) touch. If they touch then your receiver box is toast..

If you don't have those values above then thats a sure sign your box is faulty.
    Last edited by darkage; 23-09-11 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks

I wrote a wiki for our customers for these set top boxes, feel free to have a look on this link;

I am sure it will help you and many others too..
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

I just got a new openpbox s10, its not finding any channels,no even FTA show up.
    I have single LNB, not motor sat dish which is i use with a old satellite box which works perfectly.
    currently the old disk point to 115.5 E (chinasat 6b).
    I add the satellite 115.5E to the satellite list, and fiddle with the lnb settings from 5150(my old receiver used) to any one on the list, and do blind scan, it return "not program found".
    But the signal on the openbox shows streght 92%, quality 92%, and it never change, even I unplug the satellite cable.

I have reset to factory default, and rescanned many time with no luck. Am I do something wrong?

hey easy fix under scan select accurate scan NOT blind ..the blind scan is useless on firmware after feb 2011 .. the accurate setting is still a blind scan but scans correctly.. I hope this makes sense