Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LG PDP42V7#### plasma

Thanks

Default LG PDP42V7#### plasma

Hi there,
    I inherited a LG PDP42V7#### plasma tv but unfortunately don't know it's history. It has the usual sound but no picture problem which is usually (hopefully) fixed by fitting the three-pcb repair kit. All voltages are good except Vs which is down from 185v to 154v and fluctuates. I noticed a vacant spot on the power board for a large capacitor (C401) and originally thought it was meant to be vacant going by the neatness of everything else.

I then removed the power board and VS is supplied through two power diodes from a transformer and it would seem the capacitor would certainly be needed and I can only assume someone removed it, possibly because the Zsus and Ysus boards were loading the supply and they suspected the cappy??? Who knows.
    Anyway, can someone help me with the value of this capacitor please.

C401, if it existed would be mounted on the top left section of the board looking from the rear of the set near the Vs and 5v adjustment pots. There are two other similar in size on the right hand side and they are 450v 270Uf. There is half a chance C401 could be seen by looking through the holes in the rear panel but I don't have another set to find out.

Sorry to be such a dummy on this one,
    Splint.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i had a similar issue and did the 3 board replacement and all was good .the person to ask would be OSCAR as he is a LG tech.

Thanks

Ask either OSCAR or WALLAROO, they will be able to get you the 3 pcb kit cheapest, you need to do that first, then adjust vr6 and vr4 to get rid of any speckles you get after pix going from bright to dark background (best seen when there's the "no signal" message box displayed on a dark background).

450v 270uf caps are usually for PFC, pre psu.

BTW, whats the actual model, PDP42V7#### just tells us it's a version 7 series, if you give us the model we can really give you a run down, and might even be able to close the gate BEFORE the horse bolts!
    Last edited by iwacelect; 19-05-08 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added BTW.
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Thanks

Thanks for the replies,
    The model number is 42PX2RV-TA. I have already installed the kit, which was maybe a bit silly seeing as I knew Vs was low.
    My theory re the missing capacitor is a bit up in the air because I just noticed there are five 250v 150Uf caps (in parallel) across Vs on the Ysus board and another five on the Zsus board. The picture is a mass of speckles with dark forest like blotches which seem to dissipate a bit over time and it pulsates dark to bright about once per second. Found a vr4 but no vr6.
    This may have been an expensive experiment!
    Splint.

Thanks

Hi Mate Dont get too techo measuring voltages yet.
    You have rails so the SMPS is not totalled.
    Put a YSUS kit in .Its three boards.
    The chips under the heatsinks fail and will be pulling the rail down.
    With that model im sure it will be cool.
    Set Vy its a minus voltage on sticker on panel to what it says.
    Pot and test points are on Ysus board
    Boards come set at -80 but some panels are -75 or -85.
    PM if you need more help

Thanks

Sorry mate posted too quick .
    Me thinks SMPS.
    We dont component level.Just change it.

Thanks

Thanks Oscar,
    So it seems the missing cappy is meant to be missing.
    Have you any idea what the SMPS is worth and I assume I would have to get it from LG?

Splint.

Thanks

Ill check tomorrow mate

Thanks

Thanks Oscar,
    Have sent you a PM.
    Splint.

Thanks

Hullo. i was wondering if you could pleasssssssse let me know what model/type of LG remote control to purchase for this TV? 42PX2RV-TA. can it be any of the lg plasma remote controls listed on ebay, or does it have to be a specific kind? also does it matter if it comes from overseas? or does it only have to be from Australia?
    Lastly, if i cant find the one you mention, the universal remotes for LG, Sony, etc will work too? And pricewise would you recommend a universal one over an LG????

Thanks

Hi Oscar,
    It turns out that a mate's mate had a tree crash through his roof during a storm and it smashed his 42PX2RV-TA plasma. Insurance paid for a new one but he got to keep the circuit boards. He told me the missing cappy is 820Uf 250v so I fitted one and the set fired up and appears to be running ok so that is a damn relief.

I'm still interested in the location of the Vy test point and the adjustment pot so I can check and set the voltage before the back goes on. I get a reading of -80v instead of -85v on the end of R78 but I'm not sure if this is the correct test point or if the voltage is even critical? Any ideas?
    Splint.

Thanks

I just had a play with an Aldi Tevion universal remote control and code 119 operates all functions on a 42PX2RV-TA. I bought the r/control a few years ago so don't know if they still stock it.

Thanks

Special thanks to Oscar for parts and supplier info to bring a palsonic ( LG internals ) back to life.
    Also purchased their full LCD / Plasma manuals DVD , good value !

No doubt Oscar is a busy guy but those few minutes spent helping someone in need can make a real difference , hats off to you mate.

Thanks

Angry Pdp 42v7

Hi There! I am new to this forum, and have been reading some interesting stuff. Would someone please steer me in the right direction??
    I have an Tevion (Aldi brand) 42" plasma, that is a rebadged LG PDP 42V7. ( I have the back off it at the moment)
    While in warranty, had the usual no image, with sound problem, and the tech. fixed it by replacing both the Ysus and the Zsus boards. Ok, have been happy till now. 6 months later another problem has arisen. Occasionaly, when powering up with the remote, the red light would blink a few times and then shut down with no light at all. This would happen once a week, and if I tried again 2 hrs later, the set would come on properly.
    At the moment, if the plasma powers up and we switch it off after watching it, it will not restart for at least a week! (The same symptoms, clicks as if to go, flashes the light, then nothing)
    Could it be the power supply ? just thinking that way as the Y and Z boards have already been replaced. Once the plasma is going it will run for days on end, as long as I don,t switch it off! If I do, I have to wait at least a week before it will switch on properly. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be MOST welcome. Also, where could I get a power supply board for the PDP4247, and what are they worth?

many thanks, jackvano

Thanks

hi oscar i was told u might be able to help me, i have an a bush plasma 42" tv which had no picture wen i bought it. ive replaced 2 of the 3 boards supplied. my model is pdp42v7. i now have a great picture but no sound please can you help as really want to keep this tv going.

Thanks

Change all 3 mate .See pm

Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry to reopen such an old thread. I have just been given one of these plasmas (PDP42V7 2463) which won't turn on. I plug in power, the lights along the front come on for about 5 seconds, then turn off back to standby again. No picture or sound. All the boards look good, no blown caps so I'm not sure where to go. Does anyone still have one of these lying around unused that I might be able to buy the boards from? If not where can I get replacements at a reasonable price? I already have a 55" LED telle so don't want to spend much on this as it's really just surplus.

In the event I can't get it going, does anyone want it?

Cheers
    Tim

Thanks

Your problems is different from ours (check other threads)

More than likely it will be the power board.
    Find the part number on the board and check ebay for the part number.
    That will give you an indication of price to replace the part.

I would be interested in the unit if you intend to toss it if you are located in melbourne.

ocd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ocd_csv View Post
    Your problems is different from ours (check other threads)

More than likely it will be the power board.
    Find the part number on the board and check ebay for the part number.
    That will give you an indication of price to replace the part.

I would be interested in the unit if you intend to toss it if you are located in melbourne.

ocd
    I'm not sure if the unit has sound - as the display doesn't work I can't tell what channel it's on. What input does it go to if I press "AV" once? I might try connecting some source of audio and seeing if it plays

I'm up NSW way mate sorry

Is this TV worth the money repairing? It's still upward of $600 - $1000 or more for any new telle of equal size these days

Cheers
    Tim

Thanks

The amount of work you can do is dependent on how techy you are and how happy you are to work with high voltage equipment.

WARNING there are high voltages in the back of the TV.

If you have a multi meter you can measure the voltages (check against service manual and also label on back of panel)
    To find the av channel I get a HD set top box that had video/audio rca plugs and check in one tv that works and then transfer to AV1 input etc.
    then press the buttons on the Tv/Remote until you hear the audio or see the video.

With it not coming out of standby then likely its related to power supply board.
    With power off you can disconnect the control/YSUS/ZSUS boards one at a time and see if the power board cycles and stays on (normally LEDS on control board etc)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast