Thread: Anyone know of an easy way to batch convert AVI's so they are playable in the 360 ?

Thanks

Default Anyone know of an easy way to batch convert AVI's so they are playable in the 360 ?

I downloaded a large pack of a kids show and out of the near 200 files none of them play my 5 year olds xbox 360

Im not sure why, I guess the 360 doesnt like something about them, so is there an easy way to re-encode them without losing too much of the already iffy quality that someone knows of ? I usually use AutoGK for problems like this, but as there are nearly 200 eps id rather not !

The info for one of them is..

Width 512
    height 384
    data rate 902
    total bitrate 1094
    frame rate 23

Audio:
    bitrate 192
    Channels 2
    Sample rate 48 kHz

And if someone could point out what I need to change it would be great as well.

Thanks for any help.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I downloaded a large pack of a kids show and out of the near 200 files none of them play my 5 year olds xbox 360

Im not sure why, I guess the 360 doesnt like something about them, so is there an easy way to re-encode them without losing too much of the already iffy quality that someone knows of ? I usually use AutoGK for problems like this, but as there are nearly 200 eps id rather not !

The info for one of them is..

Width 512
    height 384
    data rate 902
    total bitrate 1094
    frame rate 23

Audio:
    bitrate 192
    Channels 2
    Sample rate 48 kHz

And if someone could point out what I need to change it would be great as well.

Thanks for any help.
    The 360 is very fussy about what it plays, first off do you have the optional media update which allows xvid/divx and mp4 to play, if that doesnt work then you could try tversity or ps3 media server to stream from your pc.
    If you have a jtag then there is FFplay which will play almost all media files, other than that a modded xbox1 with xbmc is will play nearly all media and even some HD if encoded correctly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    The 360 is very fussy about what it plays, first off do you have the optional media update which allows xvid/divx and mp4 to play, if that doesnt work then you could try tversity or ps3 media server to stream from your pc.
    If you have a jtag then there is FFplay which will play almost all media files, other than that a modded xbox1 with xbmc is will play nearly all media and even some HD if encoded correctly.
    Yea ive noticed it can be fussy, as ive noticed a few that wouldnt work till a re-encode. And yes it has the update and all that.

Sigh.. the 360 is such shit for media playback compared to the ps3, least it doesnt have that cinevia rubbish I guess... yet.

Thanks

Ahh found a program called Magic Video Converter, looks like it will let me do what i need.