Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ps2 slim 77001, modbo 4.0 chip, dvd region movie problem.

Thanks

depends on the image - is it a 650-700mb or larger

but... i've researched further and it doesn't look like it'll help and may not work on a slim PS2

Q. Why doesn't the DVD Region X feature work with PAL DVDs
    A: Unfortunately Sony has taken the ability to play PAL DVDs out of the US PS2 console. Because of this the DVD Region X will not allow you to play PAL DVDs. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    put it in the too hard basket (time to give up on the idea) and use a PC or some other device to either convert to NTSC or play your PAL DVDs...

Banned
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterex View Post
    depends on the image - is it a 650-700mb or larger

but... i've researched further and it doesn't look like it'll help and may not work on a slim PS2

put it in the too hard basket (time to give up on the idea) and use a PC or some other device to either convert to NTSC or play your PAL DVDs...
    Once again Very good and helpful info
    Last edited by jerbar120; 30-09-11 at 11:15 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Well folks we had a very very good meeting I will say and I want to thank each and everyone of you who join in the topic, and we had alot of fun talking about the modchips and region lock problems regarding dvd movies.

I want to say to those that are new on playing any ntsc but not pal.
    If you have a ps2 slim thats made in USA or any other NTSC ps2 system.

The Modbo 4.0 chip if you want to install it on your NTSC ps2 or any other modchips that you want to install on your NTSC system.

You will be able to play every other region movies but becuase of the system being made as a NTSC system. You will not be able to play the pal dvd movies on any NTSC ps2 slim or any other NTSC ps2 slim or fat ps2 systems in that matter. It doesnt matter what kind of modchip you put in, it will be the same if its a NTSC ps2 system.

The reason why the NTSC systems are so funny on pal dvd movies with a modchip in it is becuase of one of main ps2 chips that controls the bios.

The bios on that chip has a very very strong region lockouts where any modchp will not bypass the lockouts on pal, but it will bypass every other region as long as its a NTSC movies like japan or china and USA.

There is a way to fix this problem where your ps2 slim can play both pal and NTSC dvd movies. On pal ps2 slims the bio chips on them does not have the same region lock outs on modchips like the NTSC one's have.

So what you can do is get a pal ps2 slim and desolder off the bio chip that came from a pal ps2 slim and put that same chip on your NTSC ps2 system. Follow by desoldering off the old bio chip that was on your NTSC model as well.

Or you can just but a pal ps2 off of ebay or whatever you are gonna get yours from and just install the modchip on and every thing that the modchip firmware as well as the bios that it has of its own. Will play and do 100% on every dvd movies from every single region.

Now the stuff I had told you, I had not try any of those becuase my main reason for making this topic was to make sure that my ps2 slim was install right this is my first time doing a ps2 slim mod lol. And so alot of what I told you on anwsers to the problem are by the people who commented on this topic. I want to thank those people who gave great replys and I hope alot of people will know about this post and that it will help them.

This kind of stuff is not talk about much and I wanted to make it well known.

Thank you for looking I think this topic is over now. See ya.

Banned
    Thanks

This is what the black bio chip looks like that you need to look for on your ps2 slim.

Last edited by jerbar120; 30-09-11 at 11:19 AM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12