Thread: Foxtel IQ2 HD Box

Thanks

Default Foxtel IQ2 HD Box

I have a Foxtel IQ2 at my home, and also have satellite installed at my holiday house(previously had an IQ at the house). Does anyone know if I am able to take my IQ2 box to my holiday house and plug it in and use? It doesn't seem to be working when I've connected it.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,077 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phil1 View Post
    I have a Foxtel IQ2 at my home, and also have satellite installed at my holiday house(previously had an IQ at the house). Does anyone know if I am able to take my IQ2 box to my holiday house and plug it in and use? It doesn't seem to be working when I've connected it.
    Are they both satellite connections and if so, were both dishes installed by Foxtel?

Also, just confirm you have two cables from both dishes connecting to ports 1 & 2 on the decoder?
    Last edited by mtv; 30-09-11 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Are they both satellite connections and if so, were both dishes installed by Foxtel?

Also, just confirm you have two cables from both dishes connecting to ports 1 & 2 on the decoder?
    Yes, both are Foxtel installed (although I no longer have a service at the holiday house) but it was previously an IQ vs. the IQ2 I now have and I was hoping I could just bring it from hom and use the IQ2 for the school holidays.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

Yes, both are Foxtel installed (although I no longer have a service at the holiday house) but it was previously an IQ vs. the IQ2 I now have and I was hoping I could just bring it from hom and use the IQ2 for the school holidays.
    How long ago was it you had the IQ at the holiday house ?

Check all the obvious connections from the TV to STB etc..... check power is on etc........is there a message on the TV screen, (what is showing on the screen)

if it is 3 or 5 years or more, then the LNB at the holiday house may be an 11300 type, & the new LNB's used today are 10700 types,

if that is not the problem , check the cabling for faults, or signs the dish has moved,

if that is not the problem, maybe the LNB has died or is faulty

Good Luck
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 01-10-11 at 05:17 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

mtv (01-10-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,077 Times in 6,766 Posts

So both are satellite... one isn't cable and the other satellite?

I was thinking the same thing about the LNB LO, but AFAIK, Foxtel have only ever used 10700 dual LNB's for iQ/iQ2/HD (which is why I asked if Foxtel had done the installation as other installers may have used an 11300 LNB.

If the LNB is 10700, then (as mentioned) it's either a cabling/connection fault, dish moved out of alignment, or a faulty LNB.

If your decoder is for satellite, then ensure you connect the two cables from the LNB to inputs 1 & 2 (some satellite iQ's have 4 iputs, but no's 3 & 4 are not connected).

If all the above is correct, there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

If by chance you have a cable iQ box, then it won't work with a satellite dish.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (01-10-11)

Thanks

Thanks very much for both of your responses. You've given me some options to investigate. The screen message is 'No satellite signal is being received' and yes, it's a satellite IQ2 HD box.
    The satellite is about 3 years old, and my Foxtel IQ always worked great until I cancelled the service in January this year (2011)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks very much for both of your responses. You've given me some options to investigate. The screen message is 'No satellite signal is being received' and yes, it's a satellite IQ2 HD box.
    The satellite is about 3 years old, and my Foxtel IQ always worked great until I cancelled the service in January this year (2011)
    If the IQ was working there OK until 2011.....I think it would be safe to say it is a 10700 LO LNB, & is the correct LNB

have you got the two LNB cables on the LNB inputs 1 & 2 (closest to the outside edge of the STB) same as you did at your home

Thanks

There are 4 inputs on the back, starting with input 4 on the far left. I have tried using both inputs 4 & 3 from left to right, and 2 & 1 both with no success unfortunately.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I also would not connect the phone line or internet......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Maybe the wind has moved the dish out of alignment?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS