Thread: Soniq LCDTV40 stuck in standby - fix

Thanks

Default Soniq LCDTV40 stuck in standby - fix

Hi all, just wanted to blog the fix I just found for Soniq 40" LCD tv's model LCDTV40. Maybe similar to other cheapie brand sets of same era (about 2007)

Unplug the little analogue tuner board attached to AV board (see picture below) FIXED! .. Im not even going to bother fixing the tuner for obvious reasons, simply unplugging it should see your set up & running again & who needs a analogue tuner these days anyway!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt2950 For This Useful Post:

best4less (07-10-11),harryt (07-10-11)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Simply as that...Good Work!

• The Following User Says Thank You to troyboy For This Useful Post:

matt2950 (07-10-11)

Thanks

yeah sometimes the most simple things get overlooked, I was just taking a stab in the dark really!

..Wouldnt normally post just coz ive had a win but I couldnt find the fix anywhere online for this soniq set so figured posting might help someone out there!... symptoms were typical of a bad electrolytic cap, stuck in standby but unplug from power point then plug back in a few times & it would go! sometimes! well until the last week anyway lol

cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Brilliant Matt thanks for the share
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

• The Following User Says Thank You to best4less For This Useful Post:

matt2950 (09-10-11)

Banned
    Thanks

haha, it only worked for a week! so forget the fix lol, its more of a test than a fix! .. sets stuck in standby again! (red light only) or sometimes the light goes green but the set does nothing .. av board & power supply both been recapped already

obviously unplugging the tuner just gave it enough avalable current to work again for a while but something is still holding it down, only 8v on the 12v rail with video / av board connected, 12v rail goes back upto 11.9 with vid board unplugged

cant work out if its a dead power supply or the vid board. any suggestions guys

Banned
    Thanks

Best, you do a little fiddling with soniq stuff dont you mate? or do I have you confused with another member? I really need a service manual for this set or one similar!

Keep going back to this stupid old soniq every time I have a spare minute but I cant seem to work it out! question is what sort of things should I be checking if new capacitors worked for 1 week, then cutting the load down by disconnecting the analogue tuner worked for a further week.. bit strange? one thing I notice is the 12v rail is down to 11.84v could it simply be this causing protection mode ? all the regs are working fine, 5v is up. maybe it needs new fets in the ps or something

Thinking of disconnecting a resistor on the power feed for the audio chip to see if that brings it alive again -id only expect it to work for a week lol..

Thanks

have you run this problem past your bro DJ to see what his expert take would be. I can see a pair of coffee tables for sale soon

Banned
    Thanks

you goose !

as much chance that ass clowns my brother than he is your father!