Thread: please help me! i want to make a trailers DVD that works....

Thanks

Default please help me! i want to make a trailers DVD that works....

hi!

Firstly, please forgive typos etc as im typing on an E5 nokia with 2mm size buttons!

i want to make a trailers DVD that is made up of many different VOB files from several different DVDs.

There are no .IFO files etc.....just the VOB files.

ive followed methods listed at doom9 etc which involves using VOBedit to join VOBs and then create .IFOs using IFOedit.

File names were correctly changed to the following format....

vTS_01_001.VOB
    VTS_01_002.VOB
    VTS_01_003.VOB etc

then, using IFOedit, i select create IFO and leave radio buttons as they are and tick same as source for output.

I then select the first file VTS_01_1.VOB and it generates the .IFO and .BUP files.

....and then join vob function with VOBedit to produce output like this.....

vTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB etc

Now, everything seemed to go OK, but the resulting files wont play in a standalone player or even VLC player, but work withh MAC dvd player applicaation ???

i made sure that I did the VTS sector bit at the finish of IFOedit before burning as advised in all guides I have read.

There are it seems MANY standalone software solutions that allow the user to drag and drop VOBs, but a couple ive tried do a full reencode of the VOB.....i dont want that, as results have been crap!

sURELY im on the right track, and it is something simple, but please, if you know a woeking step by step process, can you let me know??? Im doing my head in.

Thankyou!!

Ps i think a few lines are in wrong spot in this post, but i cant make the phone fix it.....grrrr will fix later.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

use winavi select the files put them in order you want then add the menus name etc and it should make a working dvd for you.i use it with multiple avi files
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

thanks for the reply diavalo....

I should have mentioned in original post that i dont need a menu and want to have each trailer as a seperate chapter that can be selected using the NEXT button on dvd remote etc.

Does winavi allow VOB as input format?

Most apps require demuxed m2v and ac3/other audio track.....i dont want to demux/remux.

No menu will be required.......

Cant check winavi at present as not near pc only this POS phone....lol

thanks!

knight.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

convertxtodvd will take vobs
    i just tried it
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

thanks philquad....

Do you know if a re-encode of the vob is done during the dvd making process?

Is a menuless dvd an option? Ie....plays on inserting disc and skips trailers via next/prev buttons on remote

Damn...i need to get back to the pc to try the above suggestions.

Anyone have more ideas regarding the original vobedit/ifoedit process?

Any other VOB friendly software (even mac apps as i use a mac with parallel desktop to run pc)?

Thanks for replies.....please keep them coming as i need to get this sorted by the weekend for big demo lol

Thanks

with winavi you can select how many chapters you have and have them all show at the start and you can select which one you want to watch
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

choose the options, no menu
    converts 700mb of avi, vob watever to 2gb dvd in 15-30 mins
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys.....

I had a look at suggested options, but they required re-encoding of the files in order to burn the VOB's onto DVD.

Instead, I ended up with a program called "DVDStyler" which allows for creating a DVD from .VOB files and re-encoding isnt necessary if all files have the same properties (ie. all are NTSC/PAL....not mixed) and you can have a menu, or just drop the files on and skip between trailers with the chapter skip button. (that is the option I have selected)

Thought the info might be ahndy for anyone else with the same problem.

DVDStyler is also a free cross-platform program availble for PC, MAC and Linux.

CHEERS!!!

Knight.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

+1 for DVDstyler,
    which I was about to suggest when I started to read this thread.

It took me only 7-8 minutes to amend about 100 mpeg clips (about 60mins of video) straight from a camcorder's SD card using AVIdemux and create the final DVD files with DVDstyler.
    ...and it probably only took so long because I had to figure out how to use it
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...