Thread: looking at Networx NX Series

Thanks

Default looking at Networx NX Series

Hey all,

I am looking at getting a home alarm system for our house and I was interested in the Networx NX series.
    We have an average size, single storied home. I don't like the idea of wireless, so id like everything to be wired, and no back to base monitoring, i just want the reports if an alarm is activated, sent to my phone and if i dont answer go to a second number.

I was thinking of getting;
    1 x NX-16 Control Panel
    1 x NX-148/NX-148E LCD Keypad
    7 x PIR Sensors
    1 x Smoke Alarm
    2 x Reed Switches (front / back doors)
    1 x Internal Siren / Screamer
    1 x External Siren / Strobe Box

My Questions are;
    Is there any difference between the NX-148 / NX-148E
    Should i get the dual sensor technology in the PIR sensors to reduce false alarms? Any specific brands?
    I know one smoke detector can connect to the control panel, but if we decide later to get a second, will that still be able to connect to the control panel, and will we be able to tell by looking at the keypad which smoke alarm has gone off?
    If the smoke detector / fire alarm go off, is it possible to program it so just the internal siren activates so we dont wake half the neighbourhood?
    Will everything I have mentioned fit / be able to connect to the NX-16?
    Will they be able to be singled out in the keypad so i can check on their status if they have gone off etc.?
    Is there any room to grow the system if we decide to add more reed switches to windows in the future?

I am really having a hard time finding a company that will provide all the hardware and instal / wire / program everything for me, even though I have read and understand the control panel / keypad manuals.

Are there any systems that you would recommend?

Thank you for your time!

Look Here ->

Thanks

G'day mate.

The NX-16 is now obsolete. The new version is the R128. Without getting too technical, the R128 is just an NX-16 with the ability to expand to 128 zones rather than 48 and a few little bits & pieces under the hood.

To answer your questions, the difference between the two keypads is very little except the E series has the capacity to accept 128 zones. As for detectors, although some would argue differently, there is typically little requirement for dual techs in the average home. Modern single technology PIRs & quads have progressed to a point that you shouldn't suffer false alarms provided they're installed & maintained correctly. Brand wise? Risco/Rokonet, Bosch, Optex... any of the big names will do.

You'll be able to see what zone activated your system on the keypad so there's nothing to worry about there and as for adding to the system, yes you can. The caviet I'll put in to that is that if you're using smoke detectors with an NO output and plan to use more than 8 zones on the system, you're best to install an expander.

Finally, yes you can program the system such that only the internal siren activates with smoke detectors.

Don't know quite why you cant find an installer though. Hills products are a dime a dozen and amongst the most widely used products on the market.

Oh, and an after thought. If you're adimant that monitoring is pointless, at least make sure you do more than simply have the system call your mobile and make a stupid noise down the phone at you. Get yourself a ComNav module so the system can SMS and email you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Get yourself a ComNav module so the system can SMS and email you.
    SMS from: 041x xxx xxx
    ZOMG UR House is being robbed LOL

Thanks

"Oh Hai this is the rotund nerd from the Security Monitoring Centre, we've received and alarm activation from zone 2, lounge room PIR, and zone 3 living room PIR we can dispatch a patrol if you'd like"

"Yes, please dispatch a patrol for $85 that's not going to arrive for an hour and remind me again why its so much better"

I know you're a huge proponent of monitoring dan, but there's a limit mate.