Thread: Software upgrade problem

Thanks

Default Software upgrade problem

Thanks in advance folks,
    I have attempted the firmware upgrade via OTA only for it to hang. It have made several attempts to restart the download but it will hang at random points during the process. My question is can I do the upgrade via the USB port and a memory stick and if yes is there any specific procedure? If this fails is there away to return the box back to the factory default firware.

Croady

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Croady View Post
    Thanks in advance folks,
    I have attempted the firmware upgrade via OTA only for it to hang. It have made several attempts to restart the download but it will hang at random points during the process. My question is can I do the upgrade via the USB port and a memory stick and if yes is there any specific procedure? If this fails is there away to return the box back to the factory default firware.

Croady
    If you have an old LNB or not aligned/skewed correctly, the initial OTA update can have difficulty.

I have detailed the manual firmware download/installation via USB

Remember, once you download the file, you need to open it first so it unzips, then copy the unzipped file to your USB stick.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Croady (14-10-11)

Banned
    Thanks

Try this. Log on to and select the Altech UEC DSD 4124 Receiver,scroll down to the Video on how to manually update the software.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,467 Times in 958 Posts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsb0xKJCZA0]DSD4121 Software Update by Sciteq - YouTube[/ame]
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Did UEC/Optus do that download only once earlier this year (March?) or have they repeated it since?
    If not repeated, why cant they do it say on the first Saturday Night/Sunday morning of each month so that those who have bought and are buying STB's can get the needed Updates??
    UEC or Optus could include a note in with each STB advising of this update.
    Not everyone has a connection to the Internet nor may they feel competent to do this Update by the USB.
    PayTV does an update after 4am daily so why cant VAST?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 14-10-11 at 08:32 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

With VAST, the newest download is ~always~ available over the air. The UEC box will automatically start downloading within an hour or so of being turned on. If the box already has the latest firmware it will obviously just ignore the download.

The only reason there's an option to do a USB download, is as a failsafe backup, in case a box keeps failing to get the download over the air for some reason.
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 14-10-11 at 09:07 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    With VAST, the newest download is ~always~ available over the air. The UEC box will automatically start downloading within an hour or so of being turned on. If the box already has the latest firmware it will obviously just ignore the download.

The only reason there's an option to do a USB download, is as a failsafe backup, in case a box keeps failing to get the download over the air for some reason.
    Did you read Croady's first post
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Sure did. I was responding to Gordon's post above, to let him know that ~normally~ a box will always do the latest OTA automatically, so there's no need for people to have to do a USB download under normal circumstances.

If Croady's box is continually failing the OTA, then either there's something very wrong with his box, or there's something with his signal (like excessive LNB frequency drift), which means he needs to try a USB download.

Croady, when the OTA download "hangs", does it actually hang, or does it display an error message of some sort at the bottom left of the screen a few seconds before it quits?
    Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 15-10-11 at 12:46 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Sorry about that Buffalo Bill, in that context, I get what you said.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."