Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Regional WA Digital Rollout

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Yeah I'm having issues with One HD as well. No piccies on any device and I get a $ sign on my Bravia LED, which reminded me of the failed 2010 launch. I'd say they're working on it, ozz.

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

I think they must be having trouble as currently no channels are working for me (and they were working earlier today)

Edit: Seems to be back now including ONE which had dropped off earlier
    Last edited by ChrisJ25; 30-10-11 at 06:44 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisJ25 For This Useful Post:

Smacca (30-10-11)

Thanks

having troubles in karratha with new broadcasts...

gwn7 seems to drop after about 5 seconds and needs a rescan to find it again (was working fine previously) - when it drops i lost 7two and 7mate as well. Curiously i can watch 7mate with no issues following a rescan - fault only occurs if i switch to gwn7...

guide is up the duff on GEM - tv guide ends up with all incorrect time/date information and wont show any programs - have to turn tv off/on or browse to another channel (abc seems best) to fix it up again.

Anyone else having issues/know of this specific problem.

Premium Member
    Thanks

One HD should be back in Kalgoorlie now. Technicians have been up there all day working on it.

EDIT: Now the audio and video is out of sync. Fixed.
    Last edited by Smacca; 30-10-11 at 07:19 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ25 View Post
    I think they must be having trouble as currently no channels are working for me (and they were working earlier today)

Edit: Seems to be back now including ONE which had dropped off earlier
    Probably part of the troubleshooting process. Might be a few more resets to come as they monitor it.

Quote Originally Posted by cray-z View Post
    having troubles in karratha with new broadcasts...

gwn7 seems to drop after about 5 seconds and needs a rescan to find it again (was working fine previously) - when it drops i lost 7two and 7mate as well. Curiously i can watch 7mate with no issues following a rescan - fault only occurs if i switch to gwn7...
    Same thing happened to me last night in Kalgoorlie. Sanyo 96cm LCD just booted all three channels at random times. Haven't noticed it all day today, so perhaps they need to make some adjustments in Karratha?

guide is up the duff on GEM - tv guide ends up with all incorrect time/date information and wont show any programs - have to turn tv off/on or browse to another channel (abc seems best) to fix it up again.
    GEM WA guide looks fine on terrestrial and satellite. Have you tried rescanning? What about trying other devices, like a set-top box?

Thanks

thanks smacca - will keep an eye on gwn7 - kids have comandeered abc2 for the afternoon again.

looking into the guide issues:
    the guide loads up fine if i am on win - seems to fail if i navigate to gem/go. Don't have a STB/digital TV to compare to but will check with others in the area. All programs/times display correctly, but something throws the clock on the TV out of whack while i am on these two channels (causing the guide to fail) - so not really a guide issues, but a time/date update issue. I guess the manual fix is to disable TV updating its time from the broadcasts...

Premium Member
    Thanks

looking into the guide issues:
    the guide loads up fine if i am on win - seems to fail if i navigate to gem/go. Don't have a STB/digital TV to compare to but will check with others in the area. All programs/times display correctly, but something throws the clock on the TV out of whack while i am on these two channels (causing the guide to fail) - so not really a guide issues, but a time/date update issue. I guess the manual fix is to disable TV updating its time from the broadcasts...
    Not sure what that could be. Make sure you check other people's setups because that will narrow it down heaps.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

booming in here in south boulder, 10/10 strength and quality on panasonic plasma with a busted ass external antenna not even pointed the right way.....

same problem with gem/go and time....
    Last edited by hoe; 30-10-11 at 07:51 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

mtv (30-10-11),Smacca (30-10-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    same problem with gem/go and time....
    I can only see the problem in the EPG grid. Flicking through channels is not a problem and info bar shows correct program. Clock is good too. Weird problem...

Ooo, live F1. Beer time.
    Last edited by Smacca; 30-10-11 at 08:53 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

All part of the teething problems even in areas like mine that have had Digital for over 3 years and went to the full suite 12 months ago even though they dont turn off the analog untill June 2012.
    It still gets the hiccups with the Info bar not updating over weekends or during events, blanks in the full EPG etc.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

[QUOTE=cray-z;442374]having troubles in karratha with new broadcasts...

gwn7 seems to drop after about 5 seconds and needs a rescan to find it again (was working fine previously) - when it drops i lost 7two and 7mate as well. Curiously i can watch 7mate with no issues following a rescan - fault only occurs if i switch to gwn7...QUOTE]

I understand you would lose 7two and 7mate when you lose GWN7 as these are all one bouquet (from one transmitter). What I don't understand is when you rescan you only get 7mate. As this is part of the same bouquet you should got the three.

Curious? I can't even locate the digital services licensed to GWN at Karratha What serices are you missing (silly question) What is the full list of services you receive now?

Digital Assignments at this Site (Karratha)

Assignment ID Frequency Emission Designator Client Licence No

11510477-2330822 788.5000000 MHz 6M70V7W Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (1133847) 1159386

11510508-2330853 704.5000000 MHz 6M70V7W Australian Broadcasting Corporation (1137920) 1159392

1826176-2241889 697.5000000 MHz 6M70V7W West Digital Television No4 Pty Ltd (1147280) 1925837
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

Premium Member
    Thanks

Also;
    WAW Prime 613.5 Ch 40 H DA
    WOW WIN 620.5 Ch 41 H DA

It's the Prime one which is being problematic in Karratha and Kalgoorlie, which suggests it's an issue with VAST or Prime Canberra. My Sanyo 94cm either doesn't find the frequency, or it finds it for a split second then drops it. Other devices are fine. So it's one of those issues which affect only some devices, but because it doesn't occur on the WIN or West Dig mux, it's something you'd think the broadcasters could tweak??

Either way, Prime/GWN7 is aware of the issue.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont understand why you needed to rescan when they do a change when Ch 64 became TV4 as 64 was already there as a clone on the other 3 Prime channels but untill it was scanned, it still showed the old programing.
    I could understand a receiver not picking up a completely new channel as it doesnt scan everytime you change channels but I thought if the change was just in the already existing lineup, it would just appear the next time you selected that channel, obviously not.
    smacca, better go out and check someone hasnt parked their truck over the cable and choking off the signal................
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I dont understand why you needed to rescan when they do a change when Ch 64 became TV4 as 64 was already there as a clone on the other 3 Prime channels but untill it was scanned, it still showed the old programing.

I could understand a receiver not picking up a completely new channel as it doesnt scan everytime you change channels but I thought if the change was just in the already existing lineup, it would just appear the next time you selected that channel, obviously not.
    I think it all depends on what PIDs the networks use. For example, Ten West worked on my TV's without a rescan at all, because the PIDs they used on the original shared frequency match the new PIDs on the now West Digital frequency. In both Kal and Karratha's case.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    smacca, better go out and check someone hasnt parked their truck over the cable and choking off the signal................
    Hah! Troubleshooting has begun, and I can assure you the bus is on nothing more than weeds and that jogger I picked up a few blocks back.

Queensland - servicing rural Aust & Sth Pacific
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    Also;
    It's the Prime one which is being problematic in Karratha [My Sanyo 94cm either doesn't find the frequency, or it finds it for a split second then drops it.
    I have seen this happen before when the transmit frequency was offset by more than 12.5Khz. Digital tuners are looking for a digital centre frequency say 697.50Mhz for example. Most can handle an offset of up to 16.5Khz and therefore find the .62 offset channels. However, the STB or digital receiver may be discarding the signal (that it initially picked up) as it sees it as an analogue signal and therefore won't save it.

It this is the case then it's likely the transmitters are off frequency and need retuning.

Smacca, where are the WAW40 and WOW41 transmitters located? They are not listed in Radcom at the Karratha site 38550?
    "the one with the sugar coating is the one that would otherwise taste worst".

• The Following User Says Thank You to beerman For This Useful Post:

Smacca (31-10-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    I have seen this happen before when the transmit frequency was offset by more than 12.5Khz. Digital tuners are looking for a digital centre frequency say 697.50Mhz for example. Most can handle an offset of up to 16.5Khz and therefore find the .62 offset channels. However, the STB or digital receiver may be discarding the signal (that it initially picked up) as it sees it as an analogue signal and therefore won't save it.

It this is the case then it's likely the transmitters are off frequency and need retuning.

Smacca, where are the WAW40 and WOW41 transmitters located? They are not listed in Radcom at the Karratha site 38550?
    I just pulled it off MySwitch. There's no bloody direct link to the info, but you can then click on the "What channels do I receive?" link in the speech bubble on the map. Tech info is at the bottom of the page.

38550, TV Site KARRATHA

Lat (GDA94) -20.73560824

Long (GDA94) 116.8590076
    Service Network Owner Freq(MHz) Channel Polarisation Pat Licence No
    ABC ABC 704.5 53 H DA 1159392
    SBS SBS 788.5 65 H DA 1159386
    WAW Prime 613.5 40 H DA
    WOW WIN 620.5 41 H DA
    WDW WIN/Prime JV 697.5 52 H DA 1925837

Premium Member
    Thanks

Kal problem was fixed about 3 minutes ago (thanks to beerman!!). Karratha shortly.
    Last edited by Smacca; 31-10-11 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks

wow - missed alot. Karratha been fine today since about midday onwards for my receiver. Interestingly others with Sony devices had same issues, but those with cheaper STB's did not :-/

Still an issue that Go/GEM make my TV time/date out of whack. According to the clock (displayed on the info bar and in the EPG) it is approx 10:30pm on the 5th June when on these two channels. A change to another channel updates the clock back to correct time/date. The infobar displays correct program info at all times, but the EPG displays nothing until the clock is fixed up. Cannot find an option anywhere on my TV to disable the auto clock sync on the digital channels.

Others reporting the same thing - who do i contact to get it corrected - I assume this is a transmitter issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    I understand you would lose 7two and 7mate when you lose GWN7 as these are all one bouquet (from one transmitter). What I don't understand is when you rescan you only get 7mate. As this is part of the same bouquet you should got the three.
    Kinda didn't explain properly. I was scanning and picking up all 3 services on chan 40. Once TV stored them if i attempted to watch GWN7 or 7TWO the TV would drop the set of 3 with a message that the service has been removed - requiring a rescan to get all 3 channels back again. If i attempted to watch 7mate there were no issues at all and the TV was quite happy.

Seems to be completely resolved now, but will keep an eye on it.
    Last edited by cray-z; 01-11-11 at 12:28 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

wow - missed alot. Karratha been fine today since about midday onwards for my receiver. Interestingly others with Sony devices had same issues, but those with cheaper STB's did not :-/
    Haha, where as my Sony coped fine, yet the Sanyo spat chips. Thankfully it's a once-off issue. Not sure if your reciever has corrected itself or something, but I've been told Karratha's will go offline tomorrow morning in the wee hours for a firmware upgrade to fix the problem.

Still an issue that Go/GEM make my TV time/date out of whack. According to the clock (displayed on the info bar and in the EPG) it is approx 10:30pm on the 5th June when on these two channels. A change to another channel updates the clock back to correct time/date. The infobar displays correct program info at all times, but the EPG displays nothing until the clock is fixed up. Cannot find an option anywhere on my TV to disable the auto clock sync on the digital channels.
    Yeah, different devices have different reactions to this one. I discovered my one (Topfield) corrects the guide after it tunes in, and the clock never changes. I didn't even notice the problem at first. As I said before, VAST is showing GEM guide perfectly, so it has to be something at the transmission site.

Others reporting the same thing - who do i contact to get it corrected - I assume this is a transmitter issue?
    WIN is already aware of it.

• Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast