Thread: Are the newer ps3 consoles hackable

Thanks

Default Are the newer ps3 consoles hackable

Hi I just wanted to ask because I am not sure with all the different hacks out there,I just bought a new 320gb ps3 2 days ago and updated to the latest firmware I think it's 3.73,just wanted to know is it possible to hack my console being so new with the latest firmware,or would I need to be looking at getting an older ps3 console.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Unfortunately not. I believe progskeet requires 3.70 (Im not sure about later firmware). Other wise soft mods require firmware 3.55 and lower

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stuballs View Post
    Unfortunately not. I believe progskeet requires 3.70 (Im not sure about later firmware). Other wise soft mods require firmware 3.55 and lower
    Thanks for that so it might be better for me to find an older ps3 if I want to get into hacking it,how does the hack work by the way,once the ps3 is hacked is it a drama to run game isos from a harddrive,I mean does it work as good as say a hacked xbox 360 does.

Thanks

I havent had any problems with any games except games that require say... 3.60 - 3.7x firmware to run (With the exception of a few fixed pkg files for later games) . I made a post in this section with a link that will provide you with all the info on softmodding your ps3. If you do acquire an earlier ps3 and get stuck there is a few very talented console modders who regular these forums who i am sure will help you.