Thread: Vast Application

Thanks

Default Vast Application

Does anyone know whether or not there is any checking on what people claim their address is during a vast application?

How do I go about proving I am at the address I claim on my application?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

You don't

.....Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

definately DONT !!!
    minski, check your PM please
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

This is why i love vast he he so funny how you can just give them a fake name and address and get all services activated it is great vast for people who love sport.

Thanks

they are now checking with the black van they bought off fox and is doing the rounds
    i'll be ok over here in WA because they don't believe any one lives over here

Thanks

Default change of proceedure for validation

I can tell you they,VAST, have changed their proceedure for validation. I did two new ones last week for clients and the email on the application has to be valid and now you must reply to their e-mail before the service is activated. This is unlike 6 months ago when the service was put on as soon as they received the application.

Chhers
    Hos Here

Premium Member

Thanks

If you can get a VAST authorisation with a dodgy location, I am sure its no harder to do the same with an email account.
    Those like you hos being an installer who could have clients who dont use the internet, you would use your own email account so what guaruntee that the details your supplying are accurate ?
    I know if its your full time business thats not wise to fib but there's often more than one way around solving problems isnt there?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-10-11 at 11:02 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    If you can get a VAST authorisation with a dodgy location, I am sure its no harder to do the same with an email account.
    Those like you hos being an installer who could have clients who dont use the internet, you would use your own email account so what guaruntee that the details your supplying are accurate ?
    I know if its your full time business thats not wise to fib but there's often more than one way around solving problems isnt there?
    How long does it normally take them to activate a service? does the commercial channels appear when they grant access as i only have the sbs/abc channels (all scrambled) at the moment

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilrc1 View Post
    How long does it normally take them to activate a service? does the commercial channels appear when they grant access as i only have the sbs/abc channels (all scrambled) at the moment
    Most of the time it's amost instant.

When did you submit your application?

Did you have your decoder turned on and tuned to a channel when you submitted your application?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilrc1 View Post
    Once your application is approved your box will show the commercial channels that your authorized to have in your area.

As for how long it takes, it can be instant but it really depends on when your application went in, (ie) i did mine around 7pm on a Friday at it was activated on the Monday around 10am, so weekends and public holidays appear to have some influence on the activation time.

Thanks

I just activated a card for a customer and had some problems with the online rego
    I got this message instead of the application form(using mozilla, WIE gave no info just error 500)

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length]
    System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) +7493051
    registration_ms.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1737
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

After a call to mysattv it turns out to be a address input problem on the earlier feild
    I spelt Boynup Brook correctly but the mysattv computer spells it Boynup Brooke which is incorrect and hence threw up the above

• The Following User Says Thank You to cpd For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (07-11-11)

Premium Member

Thanks

A good warning to anyone applying in case they hit that problem.
    The Village where I live still gets confused with two ajacent suburbs in Sydney, possibly because all three places names are only 4 letters each and even now with the postcode system, I occassionaly get a query box listing all three of them for me to select the correct one.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 07-11-11 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks

I have just purchased a Vast for my Brother who lives in Dooralong, Central coast, NSW.
    After he paid a guy to fix his reception he admitted he couldnt get anything and charged him a callout fee. This was about 1 1/2 years ago.
    I have walked the roof etc etc, and from neighbours experiance there is no digital or analogue reception.
    He made a phone call to the 1300 number and they have told him he needs to submit it online but also include a reception printout of results got from his property and if lucky in 8 weeks he will have an answer.

Can any one help me out with this?

Premium Member

Thanks

VAST wont be approved for that area untill 2013/14 as your classed as the Sydney Metrop area.
    I would suggest you have a look at the Myswitch site and it will provide you with all the information regarding that area.
    What they are suggesting is for your Brother or neighbor to fill in the 'Black Spot' application and along with the certification of a 'No Signal Area' they (the ACMA) MAY authorise them to either receive Aurora or VAST, I dont know which.
    I am not sure if this 'Black Spot' provision still exists now, something else to check out.
    There is an alternative option but we can talk about that later.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 30-11-11 at 02:13 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

statesmanjeff (30-11-11)

Thanks

Does anyone know what the process is with registering a second hand vast box? Had a guy ask me the other day. When he bought the box a while ago it was activated for over east. Since then in the last few weeks he has lost pictures, tried calling up to register it in his name and they Bluntly refused saying the box had been used inappropriately. Now apparently the box is useless and can no longer be used??? Have never heard something so stupid. Spend all that money on a legit box and they can just shut it down like that.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Does anyone know what the process is with registering a second hand vast box? Had a guy ask me the other day. When he bought the box a while ago it was activated for over east. Since then in the last few weeks he has lost pictures, tried calling up to register it in his name and they Bluntly refused saying the box had been used inappropriately. Now apparently the box is useless and can no longer be used??? Have never heard something so stupid. Spend all that money on a legit box and they can just shut it down like that.
    Maybe someone is comercially selling them activated under false addresses and they have found out about it ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Maybe someone is comercially selling them activated under false addresses and they have found out about it ?
    Yes, and if I recall correctly, it was a WA business.... sound familiar?

Just found this on the caravan & motorhome website:

Just thought I'd let everybody know of an issue that I have discovered with our VAST Satellite Television service.

I live in Melbourne and I bought a complete system via the internet from an organisation in Western Australia, firstly because it was a good price and secondly it was recommended by a number of sources. When I received it, the smartcard had already been registered and activated. This I thought was odd but convenient. It worked for a month or so, then the next time I went to use it in the van it would only receive one channel.

To cut to the chase, it appears the company I bought it from (and many others it seems) are doing dodgy deals to enable WA consumers to obtain access illegally. The result is that my service has been suspended indefinitely while MYSATTV investigates 400 odd cases of fraud. At this stage I am still trying to find out if and when they will reactivate the smartcard.

Warning to anyone purchasing a VAST Satellite System, ensure the smartcard has not been activated when you receive it and apply for Travellers coverage for the area you need to travel to, dodgy companies have been fraudulently stealing peoples details and using them to activate the smartcard as though they are being used in another state.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Tiny (07-12-11),weirdo (07-12-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default !!

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Yes, and if I recall correctly, it was a WA business.... sound familiar?

Just found this on the caravan & motorhome website:

Just thought I'd let everybody know of an issue that I have discovered with our VAST Satellite Television service.

I live in Melbourne and I bought a complete system via the internet from an organisation in Western Australia, firstly because it was a good price and secondly it was recommended by a number of sources. When I received it, the smartcard had already been registered and activated. This I thought was odd but convenient. It worked for a month or so, then the next time I went to use it in the van it would only receive one channel.

To cut to the chase, it appears the company I bought it from (and many others it seems) are doing dodgy deals to enable WA consumers to obtain access illegally. The result is that my service has been suspended indefinitely while MYSATTV investigates 400 odd cases of fraud. At this stage I am still trying to find out if and when they will reactivate the smartcard.

Warning to anyone purchasing a VAST Satellite System, ensure the smartcard has not been activated when you receive it and apply for Travellers coverage for the area you need to travel to, dodgy companies have been fraudulently stealing peoples details and using them to activate the smartcard as though they are being used in another state.

WHoa , what a guess ! 400 cases of fraud , it will be interesting to see what if any, penalty is applied to him.
    Thanks for the heads up, anyone purchasing from him can kiss their access and receiver good bye.

I wonder if there are a few angry customers on his door step ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (07-12-11)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Thanks for that info MTV, the source thread is interesting reading, glad the OP got his box reactivated eventually & really glad I have a legit box & registration, don't need any more doorstops.

Wonder if the 400 cases of fraud are all the same guy, or are they investigating & reconciling VAST registrations starting with WA because of this guy?
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Oh that's crap. Oh well, not much we can do about that. I think they should still activate the cards as its not the buyers fault. They still paid the same amount for box and card.