Thread: Help for Viewers Choice channels on satellite!

Thanks

Default Help for Viewers Choice channels on satellite!

I have a satellite on austar and don't know how to get the viewers choice channels that are on every Saturday night for the premier league soccer matches. On foxtel u just click red button on fox sports and 4 games come up to choose from. How can I access these games. Does anyone know the manual PID's I need to enter?? Help would be much appreciated!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joludaggs View Post
    I have a satellite on austar and don't know how to get the viewers choice channels that are on every Saturday night for the premier league soccer matches. On foxtel u just click red button on fox sports and 4 games come up to choose from. How can I access these games. Does anyone know the manual PID's I need to enter?? Help would be much appreciated!
    Viewers Choice works exactly the same on Austar as it does on Foxtel... use the red button on the Austar remote.

There is no facility to enter PID's.. and there's no need to.

Last edited by mtv; 28-10-11 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added link

Thanks

No I don't have austar or foxtel, I have a satellite receiver and a satellite which is set up and all foxtel channels work. I have a dreambox 500. I just can't figure out how to get the viewers choice channels.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking

No I don't have austar or foxtel, I have a satellite receiver and a satellite which is set up and all foxtel channels work. I have a dreambox 500. I just can't figure out how to get the viewers choice channels.

G'Day Cobber,
    Along the lines of your other thread, you do need to have a subscription for the various services and connected to a phone line to access the Pay Per View channels.
    I cannot perform miracles every day for everyone.
    Sorry,
    Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 28-10-11 at 08:28 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

As mentioned, you need a current Austar/Foxtel subscription and use the Austar/Foxtel decoder, connected to a phone line, so the remote and decoder are interactive.

If you are doing a dodgy cardshare arrangement with a dreambox, then you're out of luck.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

One comment ie 'All Foxtel Channels work' contradicts the later comment that the Viewers choice doesnt.
    Possibly the Dreambox remote cant command the the STB to 'Tune' across the appropriate channels to view them.

But you dont need the phone line connected to do PPV etc on Austar, you ring the number shown on the order page, key in your account number, the program number you want and its all done.
    I dont know if they debit it now via a credit card or you get billed at the end of the month as i dont use the feature.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    But you dont need the phone line connected to do PPV etc on Austar, .... .
    Viewers Choice is not PPV.... it's free... and you turn it on and off at will, with the remote and the genuine decoder.

If the OP doesn't have the genuine decoder and remote, it's also likely he doesn't have a registered account with Austar/Foxtel either.

He can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Thanks

dm500.

use Mgcamd client, cccam wont work.
    then go to SPA channel, hit green button to chose your video and then audio button to chose the audio that corresponds with the video.

Thanks

Sorry I dont know anything. What's mgcamd? Right now when I hit green button, I can't only see one of the 5 PID's and only hear one audio. What do I have to do? I've noticed when I hit the green and selcect another channel, the video and audio pid changes, but the PMT and PCR don't change. Is it something to do with that?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Free if you subscribe to the FoxSports lineup which I dont.
    But by PPV I meant the Main Event and Box Office ordering.
    As for a vaild account, doubtfull.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!