Thread: New Home Automation ?

Thanks

Default New Home Automation ?

G"Day everyone,
    I HAD an old HCS2 home automation system which has served me well since 1990. It has sadly passed away and it's time to update to something newer. After looking about it seems that home automation has not progressed ahead in leaps and bounds like I had expected. I am looking for a new PLC which has 16 digital inputs 8 analog inputs 16 buffered relay outputs, X10 interface, RTC (accurate to 1 second / year) or perhaps a software based system which might use USB add on cards to interface with the real world. I have checked out the closest thing which is "Homevision Pro" but even that is getting long in the tooth and rare to find. I see in this forum a similar question was asked a year or so with not too many replies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Speak to my good friend Tony Triccas over at PLLC. There are some exciting products entering the Aussie market, one in particular is UPB.

IMHO, it is the best thing for the retrofit market. Last time I spoke to Tony they were introducing UPB enabled GPO's. Which put simply, means you can control a GPO through your automation software extending beyond the realms of just lighting control.

I would also look into HAI products. They are compatible with UPB and the beauty of the product is you can build on to it as your budget allows. Out of the box it is an alarm system with the option to expand its capabilities to energy management, entertainment distribution and lighting.

Here is their website for more information

• The Following User Says Thank You to intelliGEORGE For This Useful Post:

Softek2 (25-02-12)

Thanks

Thanks intelegeorge,
    I had a look at the power line modules and from what can bee seen they would have been just peachy keen 20 years ago. I now have X10 which works great (after three years filtering & tweaking). I am more looking more for the "brains of the network" rather than peripherals. ALTHOUGH I will start down the path of PLCC mainly for the advantage of two way comms back to the PLC (status Check).
    Thanks very much for the lead, while it is not quite what I need it did open my eyes to a far advanced set of modules (which I will purchase for testing). My application is unique in the fact that X10 must travel over 120 mtrs in my work case. Bit of a shame really as the new system would have worked first go without any filtering. It's amazing how far technology can go in a decade.

Regards,
    Greg