Thread: ps2 slim modchip black screen problem

Banned
    Thanks

Default ps2 slim modchip black screen problem

Hi.

I install a modchip on to the ps2 slim now i get a black screen unless i lift the motherbourd and then the system works i hsave video again.

any idea what the problem is?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

sounds like a short somewhere check all connections and make sure chip or wires arent shorting out on case

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle46 View Post
    sounds like a short somewhere check all connections and make sure chip or wires arent shorting out on case
    well the first time the ps2 short out becuase the chip when you put it on the bottum, the motherbourd wood not fit right and when you screw it in the chip and system will not work at all.

then i put the modchip on the top part of the bourd and there was no problems. untill now the system is now where i get a black screen if i turn it on. so i remove the chip and the system itself works now. so reinstalling the modchip as i speak and im trying to make my wires short then before.

on another ps2 i had the only problem i gotting was the system reset swich wood not turn light green it stays red on another system i use to have.

so i dont understand why wood a mod work, then now it acts up like you mess with the insides a few days ago or something.

please help and anyone else as well too can join in the topic.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle46 View Post
    hi, im done installing the chip back on the system and now it wont play any games. the modchip logo comes up but when you put a game in it saids dvd player not set up on screen. it wont play anything not even back ups or imports.

where do i need to look at on the motherbourd?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerbar120 View Post
    hi, im done installing the chip back on the system and now it wont play any games. the modchip logo comes up but when you put a game in it saids dvd player not set up on screen. it wont play anything not even back ups or imports.

where do i need to look at on the motherbourd?
    seemds like when i got some glue off of some wires it made the short and thats why. now this system is no good now but it was a good tech teacher.

and the system was for free so.