Thread: Power 'On Sellers' claims

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Power 'On Sellers' claims

Today I joined the the 21st Century by having a visit from as it turned out, a 'Power On seller'.
    Being in a rural Village, we'uns dont often get visits from them Big City sort of blokes.
    It took me almost and hour after we had our 'discussion' for it to sink through my thick skull that this very nicely spoken and presented fellow had made what I now believe to be a totaly deceptive and misleading statement.
    Because no else was present during our conversation I will not name the Company here but just ask you to be aware and listen carefully if your approached either in person or by telephone by similar offers.

He made the claim in his initial introduction that my recent power bill had been 'Flagged on THEIR computer as there MAY have been an error made in the billing charges.
    Now the fact I have just received a power bill in the last 7 days and having had an issue with Billing in recent months (posted in the Forum) this threw me off balance as I thought he was from my current supplier even though he clearly had a Logo on his white shirt and said he was from this particular company, it still didnt sink in because our supplier has just merged with another and I just thought this was just one of their trading names.
    While I have no doubt he was employed by the company he represented and he would have signed me up (NO Bloody Chance) to purchase power through this I believe Legimate On Seller company, my complaint is he was both misleading and deceptive in claiming my Bill was 'Flagged on that Companies Computer'.
    I rang my present supplier and they assured me that only I, an authorised Agent or a Court order can access my account, certainly NOT this other company.
    So NO ONE knows what I used and no way can it be 'Flagged' anywhere.
    Geeez, you have to be carefull and LISTEN which I rarely do but because I have a rather a Jaundiced attitude to these offers ie, there aint no such thing as a Free Lunch, I sent him on his way.
    This isnt new to many of you in more populated areas but to 'Do the Village' shows their out there.

According to this companies website they operate in both NSW and Victoria.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 08-11-11 at 02:58 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

we had one knock on the door and saying people in our area had been flagged because they were paying too much for power bla bla bla can I see your bill please so I can get the IEMI number?
    No fooking way as this is all they need to port you over to their company!!! Never hand that numver over, remember that folks!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (15-11-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I got some junk mail the other day saying some company is going to target our area to show how easy it is to change companies.

They were called "Simply something"...will see if I kept it.....

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It was

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    we had one knock on the door and saying people in our area had been flagged because they were paying too much for power bla bla bla can I see your bill please so I can get the IEMI number?
    No fooking way as this is all they need to port you over to their company!!! Never hand that numver over, remember that folks!

Leroy
    Leroy, If I had kept my mouth shut and listened more closely, I am sure this was almost word for word what he was saying.
    Whats this IEMI number you mentioned?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!