Thread: CCTV Camera and DVR

Thanks

Default CCTV Camera and DVR

Any advice or comments on the following?

Camera:
    SWANN Pro 680
    PACOM All-in-one Bullet Camera (white / black) - PAC-VN70IIS-VFA12 (S81319)

DVR:
    SWANN DVR4-2600

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

I'm not a great fan of any Swann stuff. And a B/W camera ? You are either very smart or very cheap. A B/W camera will actually give better results (technically) than a similar colour camera as far as performance in low light situations. Of course you have no colour information which can be important as far as content is concerned.

Thanks

Watchdog,

I thought the same but it turns out the S81319 is either white or black in housing colour and is actually a day/night IR 2.8-12mm auto iris camera

But you're right the Swann stuff isn't the greatest, duck down to Micron, they have some fairly decent 4ch DVR's down there

Degarfs,

What are you using these for?

Thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlarmGuy View Post
    Watchdog,

I thought the same but it turns out the S81319 is either white or black in housing colour and is actually a day/night IR 2.8-12mm auto iris camera

But you're right the Swann stuff isn't the greatest, duck down to Micron, they have some fairly decent 4ch DVR's down there

Degarfs,

Was thinking for monitoring outside the house when I am not around. Not even sure if it is feasible to have the camera tho as it might upset neighbours :P
    Also, the product was quoted by a dealer to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by degarfs View Post
    Was thinking for monitoring outside the house when I am not around. Not even sure if it is feasible to have the camera tho as it might upset neighbours :P
    Also, the product was quoted by a dealer to me.
    Provided you don't breach anyones privacy by looking over fences or into windows etc then the neighbours shouldn't really have anything to complain about.

Its your property you're looking at not theirs and if they have any questions or concerns just show them the images so that they have nothing to complain about.. you never know you may even get asked to put some in for them!

Thanks

Provided you don't breach anyones privacy by looking over fences or into windows etc then the neighbours shouldn't really have anything to complain about.

Its your property you're looking at not theirs and if they have any questions or concerns just show them the images so that they have nothing to complain about.. you never know you may even get asked to put some in for them!
    Lol, that's a good one

Just thinking of two camera. One at the main door so I can see who is at the door when at home or smart arse trying to break in via the front door and another would be aiming at my driveway, that's fair enuff isn't it?

Thanks

Watchdog,

Degarfs,

where is micron? btw, what other cctv / dvr would you recommend?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

In my opinion the two MOST important things to look out for in an entry level DVR are 1) Warranty period
    2) Ease of retrieval

I had one the other day that when you went to search it started at the beginning of the recorded footage & you had to use "fast play" at up to X64 until you got to the bit you want. Not really a search function at all only a fast forward function. One other thing. Some of the cheaper ones have no control buttons on the DVR & can only be operated via a remote control. Lose the remote & your stuffed.