Thread: Binatone Carrera x430 maps.

Thanks

Default Binatone Carrera x430 maps.

Hey everyone,

I'm chasing Aus maps for a Binatone Carrera x430, can any one help out?

Thanks,
    Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I emailed biratone and thay sad there is none and sent me this

CARRERA GPS FAQs

· My GPS shows an error when I enter in certain Melbourne suburbs?

You can download the update instructions in the support area on the Binatone website. For assistance please email or call Binatone Service 1300 768 112

· During the operation of the GPS unit you may receive the following error.
    FATAL APPLICATION ERROR
    Application Mobile Navigator.exe has performed an illegal operation & will be shut down

To resolve this turn the GPS unit off & restart.
    For assistance please email or call Binatone Service 1300 768 112

· The screen has frozen & does not allow me to go further. What should I do?

Please contact Binatone service for assistance.

· What is the returns & repair procedure for My Binatone Carrera?

The Binatone Carrera is covered by a 12 month warranty from data of purchase on the GPS unit only. (Units purchased from Retail stores only) Accessories can be ordered from Binatone Service. The Binatone Carrera is covered by a 14 day DOA period. During this period the GPS can be returned to the place of purchase for a replacement unit. (Units purchased from Retail stores only) For repairs after the DOA period, please contact Binaton Service. Proof of purchase will be required for warranty claims

· I have entered in a Suburb or Street but My GPS will not recognise the Destination?

You should check the address. The destination you are looking for may be featured under a different suburb in that area. Addresses in the maps are set by postcode boundaries. Addresses may be listed as being in adjacent suburbs.

· Why is Map data ON MY Binatone Carrera not up to date?

The Binatone Carrera X350 or X430 comes with the latest release of Australian mapping date from NAVTEQ. This is does not always mean that every road, intersection, highways etc is accurate as of the release date. In some cases roads which were introduced several years ago are not yet reflected in the maps. Unfortunatley this is a limitation of the map date & is common with all navigation solutions.
    NAVTEQ are a committed to constantly upgrading their mapping software to include unfamiliar roads & areas. Database discrepancies can be reported via a map reporter via a map-based interface on the NAVTEQ website. . Each submitted report is followed up individually. All reports identifying a legitimate map database discrepancy are investigated & corrected in the NAVTEQ database. From the moment you lodge the report Navteq provide you with tracking information to the resolution of your query. You will be emailed with a response after the investigation has been completed to notify you if the addition or discrepancy will be featured in the next map upgrade.

· How often will Map upgrades be made available?

The next release for Map updates will be in June 2008. Cost of the update is to be announced on the website. NAVTEQ releases navigation data up to four times a year. Because of the time required to process the data, there is a lag between making an addition to the database and seeing that change reflected in a navigation system. Navteq make every effort to ensure that their maps data is fresh, accurate, and up-to-date. Navteq map data has 99% coverage in all City & Country areas.

· When will other Countries map data be released? What countries will be available?

For Additional Maps, their will be 3 available in the short term. Each map will be supplied on a DVD to be copied to an SD card. Maps will be available to purchase from the Binatone Website in June 2008.
    Additional Maps include Western Europe & New Zealand only

· My instruction manual shows I should receive a 6month trial period for Speed Camera alert. My unit does not have this function?

This feature is only available in Europe for the Binatone Carrera GPS

· Will there be upgrades to the Point of interest to include other categories?

The next Map upgrade will offer an expansion of current point of interest
    selections.

· Can I get an external antenna?

This accessory is not available from Binatone Carrera. You can purchase an
    External Antenna from any electrical retailer. The only requirement is the
    connection is compatible with the Binatone Carrera.

· While calculating long routes (e.gAdelaide to Sydney-1500km) it can’t complete the process. Halfway it shows the message "system resources exceeded while calculating the route. Please consider a shorter route"How can I overcome this?

In some cases this could be due to the memory size of the map data. It is recommended to select a mid point of your desired route & once the mid point is reached select for the unit to recalculate.

· My GPS didn’t come with DC Power adapter, is this included. Where can I get a DC power adapter?

All Binatone Carrera units come with an in-car charger only. If you require a
    DC charger, please contact Binatone service who can recommend a suitable
    third party product.

· My unit displays “An Illegal operation has occurred” this does not allow me to go any further with using the device.

The selection the user has made has jammed the software. Please restart and reset the
    unit. For service assistance. Please call 1300 768 112.

· When I drive in a large CBD area, the GPS drop out or has trouble syncing.

This is known as Urban Canyon Effect. CBD areas, Tunnels & Bridges tend to have a canyon effect on GPS systems. Essentially tall buildings are what interfere with the signals of the GPS satellites. This is the reason your GPS may find it difficult to calculate the current position. The system will recalculate
    when the vehicle is positioned in a more open area.

· Why do I sometimes find Map Errors?

Binatone Carrera is using at present the best digital map data available on the
    market. In order to obtain the correct map data, Binatone Carrera and its map
    suppliers, rely on local government and other local organisations across the

whole world to supply us with the most accurate and up to date information
    for millions of roads, streets and lanes.
    On average, 8% of roads in the world are changed; our map supplier has
    thousand of people driving through the countries collecting data and
    analysing satellite images to register these changes

· My Unit is missing some of the standard accessories?

Please get in contact with Binatone Service for assistance 1300 768 112.
    For Service & Technical Support

Binatone Service 1300 768 112 or service@shriro.com.au