Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Kindle question..

Thanks

Not sure if the OP is still reading but to answer his question. You can download Mobi files and upload them using Calibre (from )

Always good to check them using the Kindle Ebook viewer avaliable on the amazon site.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to roguefan99 For This Useful Post:

dan22 (24-01-12)

Thanks

was planning on getting one of these myself, so i dont have to buy text books for uni just download the pdfs and shit

Premium Member
    Thanks

I've had one of the 6" wifi Kindles for a few months now and finding it very good, even better than I thought it would be. It handles pdf, mobi and Amazon's .azw type files with the 1st 2 formats being freely available all over the place and the .azw files being locked to your device (which is annoying in that you can't view them on your PC for example or transfer them a friend's Kindle). Amazon Kindle downloads are naturally .azw format and although there are a few progs out there to 'de-drm' them I had mixed success so now concentrate on free .mobi format books.

It has 2GB of flash memory so that's a lot of ebooks you can carry in your pocket or, my case, pdf reference manuals and books for easy viewing anywhere anytime needed.

Had some dramas initially trying to connect it to my laptop's wifi for internet access (should work but the connectivity has some quirks making it near impossible) so you need a hotspot like at an Airport or Maccas etc and for home it works perfectly with a Telstra elite wireless broadband dongle. I simply download free books, manuals etc on the PC and transfer them into the Kindle via the supplied USB cable so the wifi feature goes largely unused although there is a simple web browser installed for browsing if you're in a hotspot location.

Thanks

Kindle locked content can be easily viewed on your PC if you do the book transfer via amazon site. Also you can loan any locked book to your friend via amazon as well. The only problem is you can't view the lent book untill the lending period is finished.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

tristen (26-01-12)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12