Thread: clean hotel room?

Thanks

Default clean hotel room?

saw 2 nite on 9 current affair the way cleaners work at our leading hotels, mm cant find it atm on the web but they were wiping the dunny area an cleaning the the drinking glasses, without detergents and using used towels to dry them, all for $250+/night, freaking glad i cant afford to stay there.

my missus is a head cleaner at a small resort and she was disgusted to see what goes on and uses disinfectent for toilet areas and separate buckets for cleaning the living area, the standards are lowering at an alarming rate if this is what the BIG hotels standards are i fear if we import more workers they will go lower, any opinions out there?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If a cleaner cleaned a toilet and then cleaned a drinking glass then i wouldnt want them working for me.
    That goes way over the top of being slack...its a health risk...most cleaners I know...me included...would use commomn sense..and that commom sense tells you you dont clean like that..its disgusting and wrong on every level.

And by the way...not ALL cleaners would do this...some of us do take pride in our work so I hope people relize this story doesnt reflect all cleaners.

Thanks

if the work is carried out correctly they would

1: have colour coded equipment

the reason for the colour coding is to stop the event of cross contamination and this is why you see different colour mops and buckets etc.

usually it is

red = bathrooms
    green = common areas
    yellow = kitchens
    blue = sterile areas ( first aid rooms etc)

then if the company is strict they will also have colour coded cloth's.This is how my setup was in all the clubs i managed and not only was it for the health issues but for the saving of money on insurance.we saved a fortune just by training them in that area and ohs

What i did was train all the staff on the cross contamination issue and then the insurance company gave us discounts on the public liability due to the fact that if the instructions were adhered to then there would be less chance of being sued for someone getting ill due to cross contamination (and it does happen )

The sites i managed were all over auss ranging from 4 staff to 30 staff working rotating rosters and once trained never had issues because as you can imagin in the hospitality industry the clubs scrutinies everything you do because your work is a reflection on them.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I think it will have near zero to do with importing the workers. The slackest of our workers would be citizens.

Thanks

I never drink from the glasses or use the utensils at any motels/hotels....after being told what goes on....by a close family member. Very disgusting!

Thanks

I think it will have near zero to do with importing the workers. The slackest of our workers would be citizens.
    well a lot of immigrants take cleaning work as its usually available, low paid, like the one we had at the abbs he couldnt read labels, the colour coding sounds like a good idea

Thanks

Ah bugger it. As long as someone else does the cleaning, my immune systems pretty damn good .....

Thanks

You have to take those current affairs shows with a pinch of salt. Some of there stories are such obvious fiction you have to wonder how much truth if any there is in all their stories. It's just another form of entertainment.

Thanks

MrElectricity
    Just some guy

You have to take those current affairs shows with a pinch of salt. Some of there stories are such obvious fiction you have to wonder how much truth if any there is in all their stories. It's just another form of entertainment.
    good point, they try to rig things like my truckie whinge last year, makes u wonder about the legitamicy of video evidence nowdays, though it sure looked like the wrong thing was happening

Farmsky

Ah bugger it. As long as someone else does the cleaning, my immune systems pretty damn good .....
    until ya get a gut wog that makes u run, and it aint good if it happens i remember going from norseman to kal with the bad pains then ofloading profusely an all i had was a chocmilk from the cooler

Thanks

Crikey, I don't think I want to know how a cleaner cleans my room.
    I just make sure I check over things before I use them ie cup, utensils, bed linen etc. If I found out it was a practice of theirs not to clean hygenically I woudn't go there again!
    It's like going to a Chinese restaurant. If you know nothing about how it's prepared, it usually tastes good. When you find out they cut up their chicken on the back patio in the middle of summer, with fly's landing & shitting all over the meat is when you'd never see me there again!(by the way that actually happened)
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poddy View Post
    (by the way that actually happened)
    Hope that wasn't one of my favorite restaurants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrElectricity View Post
    Hope that wasn't one of my favorite restaurants
    If you are in Port Macquarie then I'd be worried if I was you.
    Happy to be here......still

Thanks

You dont have anything to worry about from the cleaners, its me ... um i mean other guests that lived in the room before you that you have to worry about.

fark, why do you think I goto a hotel instead of having a night of debauchery at home?

Quote Originally Posted by poddy View Post
    When you find out they cut up their chicken on the back patio in the middle of summer, with fly's landing & shitting all over the meat is when you'd never see me there again!
    why do you think it taste so good