Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Vast PVR Remote and S/ware

Banned
    Thanks

Default Vast PVR Remote and S/ware

Just received this from a reliable retail source.

UEC have just announced they will not be releasing the remotes
    any more and releasing the software publicly, and that customers
    will need to purchase a new UEC with updated software, which comes
    with the new remote.

02 9425 5777

that is their phone number if you want to call up and complain

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I interprete that posting that those who have already bought or may buy an STB thats not had the PVR fuction activated with the suitable R/C can now go whistle and the 'SOOOOON' OTA update is also now in the 'Never to be Done File' ??

That needs verifying of course but is any one really surprised?

This may not go overly well with the retailers if their left with 'unsellable' merchandise or will they play dumb and not pass on this information?
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 02-12-11 at 01:32 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I interprete that posting that those who have already bought or may buy an STB thats not had the PVR fuction activated with the suitable R/C can now go whistle and the 'SOOOOON' OTA update is also now in the 'Never to be Done File' ??

That needs verifying of course but is any one really surprised?

This may not go overly well with the retailers if their left with 'unsellable' merchandise or will they play dumb and not pass on this information?
    Well that thought has passed my mind (the retailer that is) but he did provide the phone number and iv'e sent 2 emails to UEC both sales and support and neither have bothered to answer. so the phones the next avenue!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy11 View Post
    Just received this from a reliable retail source.

UEC have just announced they will not be releasing the remotes
    any more and releasing the software publicly, and that customers
    will need to purchase a new UEC with updated software, which comes
    with the new remote.

02 9425 5777

that is their phone number if you want to call up and complain
    Well i rang them and was told that someone would ring me back, their a bit rude when they don't call you back, i'm still waiting.

Does anybody know what's going to happen?

Maybe a few more phone calls from those who are interested will get some results.
    Last edited by toyboy11; 05-12-11 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks

I took part in the trial because UEC said that it would make the upgrade available to everyone including existing boxes, if they do not make the upgrade available I for one would be interested in taking out a class action against them. I have emails etc from UEC that support this and Im sure others have to.

Nothing suprises me though from UEC

cheers thomo

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

bodgie (06-12-11),toyboy11 (05-12-11)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Until it's confirmed by UEC, the withdrawral of the upgrade option is still just a rumour.

If this is true, I will have several angry customers who purchased the VAST box from me with the expectation of the PVR upgrade being made available sooooon.. rather than waiting for the PVR 'package' to be released.

If this is the case, my expectation of UEC would be to replace the standard box with the PVR box either at no charge, or just the price difference between the two.

Otherwise, all those boxes sold on the pretence of a separately available 'PVR Upgrade' option becoming available, would have been purchased based on false and misleading information from UEC.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bodgie (06-12-11),lurk_relurking (07-12-11),OSIRUS (05-12-11),Tiny (05-12-11)

Premium Member

Thanks

MTV Quote:If this is the case, my expectation of UEC would be to replace the standard box with the PVR box either at no charge, or just the price difference between the two.:Quote

I hate to say it but I think we all have a better chance at winning Lotto than that ever happening.
    I wonder if that FTATV store in Sydney has been told as he has redone his website and is advertising the upgraded R/C but with the caveat of price and availabilty TBA.(Wise chioce)

Throw another shrimp on the Barbie with an unconfirmed report that UEC MAY by next August (hahahaha) release a TWIN tuner STB.
    No details of this having an inbuilt or external HDD.
    I can HARRRDDDDLY wait based on UEC current lightning fast introduction of the OTA upgrade and PVR enabled R/C, can you???
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-12-11 at 02:17 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned
    Thanks

So how do we find out? maybe some of you would be answered if you where to ring UEC, because if you've been engaged in their trials they may want to talk to someone they know, not the likes of me!!
    Last edited by toyboy11; 05-12-11 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Until it's confirmed by UEC, the withdrawral of the upgrade option is still just a rumour.

If this is true, I will have several angry customers who purchased the VAST box from me with the expectation of the PVR upgrade being made available sooooon.. rather than waiting for the PVR 'package' to be released.

If this is the case, my expectation of UEC would be to replace the standard box with the PVR box either at no charge, or just the price difference between the two.

Otherwise, all those boxes sold on the pretence of a separately available 'PVR Upgrade' option becoming available, would have been purchased based on false and misleading information from UEC.
    well i don't think it's a rumor seeing it came from a well known retailer here in the West AA and he is selling both standard and pvr versions and the words in my first post are his not mine.

Premium Member

Thanks

Toyboy, this is the whole sad and sorry story because UEC to say the least have been as silent as the grave in making any sort of announcements and their seemingly 'Sitting on Hands' attitude to doing the PVR updates just adds fuel to all sorts of speculation, Inuendos and rumours.
    I said previously it was disgracefull that STB's are being sold as they were let alone waiting all this time for a PVR version to be released and while I do not doubt the veracity of the information the retailer gave you that UEC have dropped the OTA upgrade along with a PVR enable R/C if it is true, then UEC are an utter disgrace and deserve the highest possible condemnation by all.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 05-12-11 at 07:24 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

toyboy11 (05-12-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Toyboy, this is the whole sad and sorry story because UEC to say the least have been as silent as the grave in making any sort of announcements and their seemingly 'Sitting on Hands' attitude to doing the PVR updates just adds fuel to all sorts of speculation, Inuendos and rumours.
    I said previously it was disgracefull that STB's are being sold as they were let alone waiting all this time for a PVR version to be released and while I do not doubt the veracity of the information the retailer gave you that UEC have dropped the OTA upgrade along with a PVR enable R/C if it is true, then UEC are an utter disgrace and deserve the highest possible condemnation by all.
    I guess its fairly predictable behaviour given that the Federal Government has given them such an armchair ride as the only authorised provider of VAST receivers. I know we've been down this road before but the pressure needs to be ramped up on Conroy and his political class to permit other receivers into VAST space. The current arrangements are totally uncompetitive and downright shonky.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pc9 For This Useful Post:

bodgie (06-12-11),dam0 (05-12-11),Jims Brother (05-12-11),lurk_relurking (07-12-11),sat 49 (05-12-11),Smacca (05-12-11),Tiny (06-12-11),toyboy11 (05-12-11)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    I guess its fairly predictable behaviour given that the Federal Government has given them such an armchair ride as the only authorised provider of VAST receivers. I know we've been down this road before but the pressure needs to be ramped up on Conroy and his political class to permit other receivers into VAST space. The current arrangements are totally uncompetitive and downright shonky.
    So what if anything can we do about it

Administrator
    Thanks

If it's proven that UEC will not be releasing the PVR remote upgrade, there is a good legal fair trading case against them for previous purchasers to claim a full refund on the basis of false and misleading advertising, by UEC stating purchasers could upgrade their VAST box to a PVR with a remote and firmware upgrade.

I have several clients who would have waited for the PVR package if they were accurately informed a PVR upgrade kit would not be released.

Instead, UEC publicised that the PVR upgrade would be released and those clients based their purchase solely on that advice that the original UEC VAST box would be upgradable.

I will contact UEC and obtain an official answer on this issue.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

AJM (07-12-11),bodgie (06-12-11),gordon_s1942 (06-12-11),lurk_relurking (07-12-11),Tiny (06-12-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

jtag it and dump the firmware......

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    jtag it and dump the firmware......
    That shouldn't be necessary, the firmware & subsequent upgrades will more than likely be posted on the UEC website & can be loaded via USB.

The problem is the activation code!!

Hopefully this is all just a rumour anyway & UEC don't care as it is probably selling more PVR boxes.

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about & that's not being talked about."
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

The problem is the activation code!!

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about & that's not being talked about."

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

bodgie (06-12-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Thanks hoe

What do they mean by Registration Key*
    e.g. AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

Where would I find it? I'm on a travelers activation & have received no registration key.

edit: rang UEC was told my PVR/remote has not been activated correctly (the only buttons working on the remote are help, exit and PVR). I provided my box serial # and tech sales have requested the activation number which will be emailed. I'm hoping activation will pull the remote control out of, errr limp mode.
    Last edited by th37sk; 06-12-11 at 10:25 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th37sk View Post
    Thanks hoe

What do they mean by Registration Key*
    e.g. AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD

Where would I find it? I'm on a travelers activation & have received no registration key.
    The registration key they are referring to is the one for the PVR remote.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Please post it up if you can get a definite answer from them MTV. I am all for people being pissed off if that is the actual case, proof and fact are a required item first.

Banned
    Thanks

If it's proven that UEC will not be releasing the PVR remote upgrade, there is a good legal fair trading case against them for previous purchasers to claim a full refund on the basis of false and misleading advertising, by UEC stating purchasers could upgrade their VAST box to a PVR with a remote and firmware upgrade.

I have several clients who would have waited for the PVR package if they were accurately informed a PVR upgrade kit would not be released.

Instead, UEC publicised that the PVR upgrade would be released and those clients based their purchase solely on that advice that the original UEC VAST box would be upgradable.

Looking forward to their answer, that's if they will answer you!

• Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast