Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Vast PVR Remote and S/ware

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Actually, I think it was post # 125... when the thread was derailed by nanna.
    Yes it was post#125 not #127 my error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domwild View Post
    My Olin PVR allows recording of one channel and watching another provided the two channels are not in the same group (?), like SBS1 and SBS2.

If I read one dealer's description correctly of the UEC box, then this is impossible with the new PVR enabled DSD4121 as it is a single-tuner PVR.

The Olin is also a single-tuner PVR and there it is possible to record and watch. What is going on??
    Can you post which model Olin PVR you're using? I also believed the VAST STB had only single channel output capable of being recorded by any PVR, but I am interested to know more if your system is performing better.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoGirl View Post
    Can you post which model Olin PVR you're using? I also believed the VAST STB had only single channel output capable of being recorded by any PVR, but I am interested to know more if your system is performing better.
    GoGirl, hopefully this will clarify a few things for you.

What the Olin PVR can do is not very relevant to what the UEC DSD4121PVR can do, as the Olin PVR is not a VAST decoder, so it cannot record VAST and not even decode VAST (with the exception of the info channel and one ABC3 channel which are not encrypted.... any DVB-S2 mpeg4 box can receive those two channels).

Secondly, the only VAST PVR available at this time is the UEC DSD4121 and it can only tune to one channel at a time.

You cannot watch one VAST channel and record another VAST channel simultaneously on a single UEC DSD4121.

You cannot even change the channel when the UEC DSD4121 is in record mode.

What you can do with the UEC DSD4121, is record one channel whilst playing a previously-recorded program stored on it's connected external HDD.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Jims Brother (06-05-12),OSIRUS (06-05-12)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Of course all of MTV's detailed reply MAY fall by the wayside when either UEC releases a Twin Tuner STB or a 3rd Partry STB is made VAST compliant.
    (Falls about laughing hystericaly)
    Based on the 14 month it took for the 'SOOOON' release of the PVR feature OTA and their disinterest in advising current users of the eventual Updates, I would suggest you dont hold your breath waiting for STB features available in other Satellite and Terrestial Digital receivers.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (06-05-12)

• Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789