Thread: Which 5" unit should I buy?

Thanks

Default Which 5" unit should I buy?

Hi guys,

I need a new GPS and due to the location where I want mount it I am restricted to either the XXL or Via units.

I also will want to put NZ and UK maps on at some point so I am thinking of just getting one from Amazon in the US and delete the US maps. Can this be done on both these models?

The 2 models I would be looking at are either Via 1535TM ($115USD) or the XXL 540S ($90USD)

Also is there any difference in the mounts for the US and Australia models? I am looking to use the Adhesive Dashboard Mount Kit

On the US website it shows this is only compatible with some of the Go Live Europe and Regional models??

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acem8 View Post
    Hi guys,

I need a new GPS and due to the location where I want mount it I am restricted to either the XXL or Via units.

I also will want to put NZ and UK maps on at some point so I am thinking of just getting one from Amazon in the US and delete the US maps. Can this be done on both these models?

The 2 models I would be looking at are either Via 1535TM ($115USD) or the XXL 540S ($90USD)

On the US website it shows this is only compatible with some of the Go Live Europe and Regional models??
    I don't think anyone has yet figured out a way to crack the new VIA tomtom models, so I don't think you can just delete US map and add another...

The XXL 540s is 5 inch but has a slower CPU of 266mhz compared to 400 for most of the later GO series....