Thread: VAST/MySwitch website delay.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default VAST/MySwitch website delay.

My area is now officialy into the 'Digital Switchover' ending on June 5 2012 so applications for obtain the commercial VAST channels to approved areas, the HSS/SSS etc were to be made available from Monday 5 December 2011.
    Untill now the only options were for the 'Traveller', ABC/SBS only or if you were an existing Aurora user.
    However as of 10am today Tuesday 6 December, it aint happened !!!

Sooo I rang the 1800 number and after a bit of a chat the very nice chappie went off and had a cup of coffee and a ciggie leaving me to be numbed by the MusaK and eventualy came back and told me the VAST or whoever section were working on getting the 'Application' selection box to appear on the website.
    I was assured this would be done 'Today'.
    The HSS and SSS were also to be opened for applications from Monday too but werent so hopefully as they set up one, so will the other become available
    So for those who live in an area South of an imaginary line drawn from Lithgow encompassing Mudgee out to Dubbo and south to the MIA and Wagga/Junee etc will hopefully be able to apply for whatever is needed for them once when they get the website up and running.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 06-12-11 at 12:02 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

beerman (07-12-11),Tiny (06-12-11)

Look Here ->
    Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Looks like the Bureaucrats have been busy complicating & delaying things there too, just because they can.

Wish you good luck with them Gordon.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

ITS OPEN
    I am now OFFICIALY entitled to apply for VAST as I am shown as a No Terrestial Coverage area.
    On the form it allows me to make a 'Pre Approval' application for VAST by quoting a number (40000000000) in place of the Smart Card I dont have.

However the HAS application still hasnt been activated yet and when I quizzed the Digital Ready Operator they said it may not open to all in the whole coverage area at once which I think is a very strange way of doing things as they havent shown how the area may be divded up.
    Anyway I have to wait for a letter from Centrelink to see what I can screw out of the Government....................if anything.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Hope it all works out for ya mate.