Thread: Which Dome Camera for a cold room?

Thanks

Default Which Dome Camera for a cold room?

Which dome camera would be best suited to a cold room (3 degrees is the temperature) they also wash down the floor & half of the walls with a hot hose. There is an existing system installed & some of the dome cameras need replacing.

I have a few thoughts on what might be best suited but I haven’t had much experience with installing dome cameras in cold rooms & any practical experience on what problems may arise.

Cheers

Look Here ->

Thanks

Any IP66 rated dome will be fine provided you seal the cable entry properly and place a sachet of silica gel inside. I'd also get the cameras out of the box and into the cool room as soon as possible after getting to site to further reduce the chances of condensation when they're powered up.

You can try heated domes, but in my experience they're more trouble than they're worth and not necessary for most applications.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

2Secure (04-01-12)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

I have used domes from KCE (KCE-8845AVF-W) in the past. They are exactly, if not better than, the equivalent from most suppliers but cost less and come with 2yr warranty. They operate between -10c to +50 and are IP66 rated. They also come with external lens adjustments and the cable entry is sealed.

Another one I have used, in a freezer, a few years ago was one from Honeywell called Arctic Night - don't know if they sell it anymore.