Thread: UEC Box only showing Channel 800

Thanks

Default UEC Box only showing Channel 800

Hi,

I have an Altech UEC DSD4121 Vast Box which has been working well since February 2011, no issues.

This morning I turned it on to watch a little telly, and about one minute in it went into reboot mode. No worries, it's done that before.

This time though, when it came back online, it only had channel 800 and no others. I've rebooted it again just to see if there was a bug, and still no channels.

can anyone please suggest a reason for this or perhaps something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Have you tried doing a channel rescan ? Are you saying it only has one channel total or one channel that you can receive a picture on ?

Thanks

I did a channel rescan which said it found x number of channels etc (can't remember the number now) but then I was just stuck on the info screen for channel 800. When I press the TV GUIDE button it brings up what would ordinarily be the complete list of channels, but now it has channel 800 and nothing else

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
    Hi,

I have an Altech UEC DSD4121 Vast Box which has been working well since February 2011, no issues.

This morning I turned it on to watch a little telly, and about one minute in it went into reboot mode. No worries, it's done that before.
    You say you turned it on -was that the TV or the box? if you have had the box turned off you may need a card hit or just leave it on for a few hours or so for it to update.

Thanks

Sorry I was a bit ambiguous.

The UEC box was still on from the night before. I turned the tv on and started watching channel 7 as normal through the UEC box when all of a sudden the UEC box went into reboot mode and when it came back online it had no channels available for viewing except channel 800. I can view the info screen for channel 800 and when i hit the "tv guide" button it shows channel 800 and that's all.

I've rebooted the UEC box and rescanned the channels and nothing but 800

Banned
    Thanks

Sorry I was a bit ambiguous.

The UEC box was still on from the night before. I turned the tv on and started watching channel 7 as normal through the UEC box when all of a sudden the UEC box went into reboot mode and when it came back online it had no channels available for viewing except channel 800. I can view the info screen for channel 800 and when i hit the "tv guide" button it shows channel 800 and that's all.

I've rebooted the UEC box and rescanned the channels and nothing but 800
    Try new batteries in the remote.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

If you can only see the one channel and not all the other usual channels scrambled then I would be calling UEC support.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (07-01-12)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    If you can only see the one channel and not all the other usual channels scrambled then I would be calling UEC support.

Leroy
    Yep , sounds like the go.

Although I dont have one, they sound remarkably like the UEC 700-720's that Foxtel used to have (from a reliablility point of view)

Thanks

okay thanks, will do

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

okay thanks, will do
    and report back with what the solution is.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Doubt there's anything wrong with your box. Ch800 is the last channel, so it's probably just the way the channels are displayed that makes it appear on its own at the top of a page. Bet if you press up or down in the guide, you will see the other channels. Or if you not in the guide, simply press p+ or p- will change channels. Or just type in channel number eg 1.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Buffalo Bill For This Useful Post:

toyboy11 (05-01-12)

Banned
    Thanks

Try pulling the plug out of the wall socket for a few seconds and when it reboots do a scan, just trying to help.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

One thing I noted with the UEC as against standard Digital Terrestial STB's is that you dont have to go through the channels to update the EPG if you leave it on one channel for an extended period of time.
    Also the UEC like the Austar/Fox stbs doesnt actualy turn fully off unlike the old humax's did which was a problem when pretty coloured cards were available so it seems to keep the EPG guide reasonably up to date.
    Even if the remote has got problems, Patterson should still be able to change channels on the front buttons.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks

One other possability, you didnt buy it "preactivated" from a dealer did you ?

Banned
    Thanks

I did a channel rescan which said it found x number of channels etc (can't remember the number now) but then I was just stuck on the info screen for channel 800. When I press the TV GUIDE button it brings up what would ordinarily be the complete list of channels, but now it has channel 800 and nothing else
    I have just had a play with my vast box and when you say you go into the TV guide all you get is Channel 800. I set mine to channel 800 and did what you are doing finding nothing else in the EPG and that's because it's the last in the list of channels, have you tried using the up and down arrows? you should see the other channels appear if they are not there then do a re scan and go through the process again, if that fails do what Leroy suggests.

Also note that when your are on channel 800 you will see a note to say that your system is working ok.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy11 View Post
    I have just had a play with my vast box and when you say you go into the TV guide all you get is Channel 800. I set mine to channel 800 and did what you are doing finding nothing else in the EPG and that's because it's the last in the list of channels, have you tried using the up and down arrows? you should see the other channels appear if they are not there then do a re scan and go through the process again, if that fails do what Leroy suggests.

Also note that when your are on channel 800 you will see a note to say that your system is working ok.
    yep this was the issue (feel like a bit of a goose)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    One other possability, you didnt buy it "preactivated" from a dealer did you ?
    out of interest, why should that be an issue if i had? why would it cause my box to suddenly stop working?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

out of interest, why should that be an issue if i had? why would it cause my box to suddenly stop working?
    There have been some unscrupulous dealers selling VAST boxes 'pre activated' using other customer's address details or false information.

When VAST discovered those boxes which have not be registered legitimately, they blocked them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post: