Thread: Vu Duo + new OpenPLI 3.1.1 kernel + sundtek issues

Thanks

Default Vu Duo + new OpenPLI 3.1.1 kernel + sundtek issues

I have been mucking around with the new OpenPLI builds for a couple of days now and am still having major issues with my sundtek media home DVBT tuner, I'm trying to find a stable driver to work with the new images.

I know the current builds have a warning on them but has anyone managed to get a stable driver working for the sundtek??

I have been using the drivers from here

Even with the previous OpenPLI builds prior to the 3.1.1 kernel, I had issues trying to find a stable driver but managed to find the following which worked ok and didn't crash but with the new kernel this does not even work anymore.

If I use on the old or new kernels I always have problems and the mediasrv process crashes after changing channels a couple of times and i get the following in the mediasrv.log then the only way to get the DVB-T to work again is to reboot the box which is a major pain

"problem in reading data service processor ... "

I read on the sundtek site that the older sticks have issues with the newer drivers as the newer sticks are supposed to have a 5% performance increase (had to translate the page) but I only just got this stick so it should be ok?

Any ideas?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks

Most issues people are reporting are that some channels don't scan in. Usually all from one or two particular providers.

If you can check the freq of the missing provider using your tv set then you can do a manual dvb-t scan by inserting that freq and the channels should appear.

Your problem seems a little different than everyone else's though as noone as mentioned crashes.

After removing the enhanced media centre plugin from the vti image I made in another thread in this forum I now have a great image working with a sundtek. My only gripe was the recorded movies gui but I now have my head around it and it's not too bad.

I'm going to upload it tomorrow if you want to test it with the sundtek.

Thanks

I sometimes had channels not scanning in, the later drivers seemed to fix it but they are very unstable. Take a look at this thread

The one issue that seems to still occur (and I found this with the Black Hole Image too) is that if you run through the DTT channels too quickly using the "+" button on the remote it seems that the Tuner "locks out" and you have to reboot the box...at a guess it's as if the Tuner doesn't have time to lock into the new channel and so it gives up, I don't recall this happening with the pre 3.1.1 version

Like I say, this one issue is common to both ViX and Black Hole, so I take back what I said before... looks like this is not a ViX issue, and (surprise, surpise!) you are right Andy, looks like a Sundtek issu!
    This is the issue i'm getting, you change channels a little too quickly or sometimes even slowly and most of the time the two "/opt/bin/mediasrv -d --no-nodes" processes die and you get in /var/log/mediasrv.log the service processor error. I have tried manually going through the init scripts and starting they processes up again which they do start again but you just get a blank screen. The init script for the sundtek does a "init 4" and "init 3" after startup to restart enigma but most of the time it locks ups and you need to restart the box in order to get the pic back on the DVBT channels.

I'll give the vti image a go once you upload it but the guy in the thread said he was getting the issue on multiple images, i was getting the issue on the old kernel as well with the later drivers, it wasn't until I went back to a older driver that it was stable on the old kernel. Maybe it has something to do with bad reception on some of the channels, i have noticed the signal strength indicator all over the place on some channels.
    Last edited by ingxen; 05-01-12 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks

This VTi image seems to be a lot better and the sundtek seems to run pretty stable

Thanks

We updated our drivers massively, if you continue to have any such issues please let us know.

We read the tuning commands now directly from enigma2 now.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sundtek For This Useful Post:

warbo (06-06-12)

Premium Member

Thanks

I can confirm that the new drivers work brilliantly. Tested on ViX, VTI and Blackhole.

Thanks

got one of Craig and set up as per

working perfectly on blackhole . VERY happy

• The Following User Says Thank You to stenkir For This Useful Post:

warbo (03-07-12)