Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Satellite's can we catch in Sydney

Thanks

Default Using DreamBox with Wild Media Server

Folks,

I just had an idea. I use Wind Media Server at home to stream media throughout the house. Is it possible to use DreamBox or another receiver and send the video feed to the home network. That way we could use just one decoder to view in multiple rooms.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brand_New_Guy View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. It is much appreciated. I do have clear reception of the FTA channels on AS3S.
    Can I use any box or do I need a specific DreamBox Model with a specific firmware? I hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments. If so, I am very sorry. It was not intentional.
    Most of the channels you listed are not on AS3 for individuals to receive.

Ten Cricket ( I pictured this from the Ten HD channel ) on Intelsat 10 68.5E and Star Cricket and all the channels showing cricket are not on AS3 anyways.

Eurosports Asia is free to air on Thaicom5 Cband 78.5E but I am not sure how good reception for that beam is in Sydney
    Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 25-01-12 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks

Hi irdeto2engineer,

I just ran a scan on Asiasat3S from my current tuner box and these sports channels came through with very good signal (all scrambled):
    - PTV Sports
    - GEO Super
    - Star Cricket
    - Star Sports
    - Star Sports India
    - Star Sports Pakistan
    - ESPN
    - ESPN News
    - ESPN India
    - ESPN Asia
    This is a SD box, so HD Channels were not picked up but got about 200 channels (most of them encrypted). On the HD box in the other room, we can pick up about 320 channels. I am sure there must be duplicates but still a majority encrypted channels.

Thanks

I believe the PTV mux uses "BISS" encryption. Geo also used / may still be using BISS

Google may help with this.
    Last edited by apsattv; 25-01-12 at 06:29 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brand_New_Guy View Post
    Hi irdeto2engineer,

I just ran a scan on Asiasat3S from my current tuner box and these sports channels came through with very good signal (all scrambled):
    - PTV Sports
    - GEO Super
    - Star Cricket
    - Star Sports
    - Star Sports India
    - Star Sports Pakistan
    - ESPN
    - ESPN News
    - ESPN India
    - ESPN Asia
    This is a SD box, so HD Channels were not picked up but got about 200 channels (most of them encrypted). On the HD box in the other room, we can pick up about 320 channels. I am sure there must be duplicates but still a majority encrypted channels.
    These are from the STAR TV group and are encrypted and are not available to individuals, only to broadcasters in Asia. Star sells these channels to the different broadcasters like Astro, Telkomvision, Truevisions, Now Cable, Singtel and other broadcasters in Asia.

I can watch channels like ESPN HD Star Sports from countries like Taiwan Thailand Indonesia because I can can get them from the local Asian broadcasters but not from Asiasat3. ESPN Taiwan shows different content than ESPN indonesia which is different again from ESPN India. Each country gets different content.

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 25-01-12 at 07:05 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Brand_New_Guy (25-01-12),OSIRUS (25-01-12)

Thanks

I have finally got the codes from Pakistan but now I need a decoder to use them on. Am I restricted to DreamBox or can I use any Linux based decoder?

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123