Thread: Pda Gps Software With Aus Maps

Thanks

Default Pda Gps Software With Aus Maps

Hi All,
    Im currently using tomtom Ver 6.030 (8320) with aust Map v675.1431 which has been great to me but with new estates popping up and new freeways etc the map just doesn't cut it anymore, can anybody recommend another GPS software for the PDA that has a more up to date Australian map.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satboy View Post
    Hi All,
    Im currently using tomtom Ver 6.030 (8320) with aust Map v675.1431 which has been great to me but with new estates popping up and new freeways etc the map just doesn't cut it anymore, can anybody recommend another GPS software for the PDA that has a more up to date Australian map.
    Hi Satboy,

Yes i'm sure we would all like some new **ACURATE** Maps, but unfortunately I dont think that's ever going to happen!! LOL!

The Latest maps released for TomTom were Q2 2007 I believe. (Anybody able to correct me on that???)

Sensis maps are crap in the rural areas, and Navteq maps are pretty much crap in the citys. I wish these providers would give us the products we deserve, instead of trying to flog us the same old crap in a shiny new wrapper!!!

It really is beyond me that a Paper Map (eg. UBD or Gregory's) can be more accurate than the maps in my GPS which were supposedly compiled from the same data, and released at the same time!!

The days of consumers controlling the marketplace are dead forever, everything seems to be a sellers market nowadays!!!

Anyway, I better stop before i get started on petrol!!! LOL!

Regards
    Brian Bradnell

Thanks

I share your pain, satboy. people are saying Tomtom 7 for PDA will be released soon, don't know if it happens though. If it will we can hope that newer maps will become available. Hopefully maps for tomtom dedicated devices will be compatible with PDA version.

Thanks

I love my Tomtom on my pda but its becoming useless when i have to constantly refer to my Melways for directions, just wish tomtom would release a new Australian map for us, or at the very least if i could find another GPS company that has Pda software with current maps i would try that.

Thanks

Satboy,
    I suppose you're using a legi copy of the software and map. If yours is "free" stuff then you just have to live with the errors because you've paid nothing to TT and have no rights to complain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyduck View Post
    Satboy,
    I suppose you're using a legi copy of the software and map. If yours is "free" stuff then you just have to live with the errors because you've paid nothing to TT and have no rights to complain.
    Actually i did buy the software and map a few years ago and it wasn't cheap then, but to be honest i have upgraded the map via torrents as im not going to fork out more money on PDA GPS software, and i bet there wouldn't be to many peeps in here that have legit GPS software for there PDA, i wish i had of known about torrents back then and i would have done what i reckon 99% of you guys are doing.
    Anyway it still does not answer the original question i asked re which company has the latest software with up to date or reasonably up to date Aussie maps.

Thanks

consider them all legit

Thanks

Default Pda Gps Software With Aus Maps

I used a shareware program PathAway () on my PDa. You can geo-reference your own scanned maps with the included Map manager software and upload them to the PDA.

The USB on CD Rom is as accurate as the latest UBD and you can upload these without too many hassles. Most of the estate agents use the CD version for its accuracy.
    Nifty