Thread: How to disable a faulty PIR on an DAS NX-12?

Thanks

Question How to disable a faulty PIR on a DAS NX-12?

Hi there,

Old member, new account, good to be back.

I have a Direct Alarm Supplies NX-12 system (using NX-148E code pads if it makes a difference) connected to wireless PIR's.

One of the PIR's battery terminals has corroded (I've given it some isopropyl loving with no luck) and I've decided not to replace it, instead I would just like to disable it. At the moment the keypads are just giving me the usual 'beep' warning.

I Googled and read the install manual....I think I understand how to enrol 'modules' but I'm unsure of how to un-enrol them as such.

If it makes any difference, the PIR is on zone 14.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by LlamaLlamaLamp; 20-02-12 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Title grammar

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You will need the installer code to deprogram it. Quick fix is to remove zone 14 from the area programming. If your monitoring/service provider has remote access then they should be able to do it for you for a modest fee. I always advise people to repair rather then deprogram zones as if you keep deprogramming zones every time there's a problem the alarm system soon becomes useless.

Thanks

Corroded battery terminals often need scratching back along with the cleaning to get rid of the corrosion and make contact with the metal again. Battery then replacing with as good a quality as you can justify given its job and hopefully they will not leak.

Thanks

I have recently came across a few ITI wireless PIR's last month with corrided and leaking batteries. I kept getting supervisory problems and such. Upon closer inspection of the PIR circuit board, the battery has corrided the circuit board and thus the PIR needed replacing.

You will need the Tech Code (Installer Code) to remove the PIR from programming and the correct module number of the receiver to correctly do this.

Thanks

Programming the zone out of an area is not a fix and will not work, please disregard Pandatech's response.

You need to do the following:

1) Enter programming mode using the installer code
    2) Enter the wireless module (this is ascertained by reading the dip switches on the ITI module)
    3) go to the location for that particular zone
    3) disable that sensor.

this will stop the code pad's from beeping, if you are unsure please don't do this and contact your installation company.

Keith