Thread: Nuvi Freeze - Master Reset

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Default Nuvi Freeze - Master Reset

Had my Nuvi 1490T lose satellites in a rather long tunnel (Lane Cove) over the weekend, it then froze & when I emerged from the tunnel it still said "Acquiring Satellites" ten minutes later.
    It was completely locked up & not responding to any touch screen contact.
    I reached my destination, anyway, turned the vehicle off but the Nuvi didn't power off as usual so I hit the off button.
    When I returned to the vehicle the Nuvi didn't power back on, so hit the power button, no go.Tried holding the power button on for while still no go, so I disconnected the power cable & started to do a Master Reset, that is, pressing the lower right of the screen while holding the power button on until it boots up, then continue holding until "Erase all user data?" appears.
    I actually released my hold when it booted up so didn't get the message or a full reset & therefore didn't lose any settings or user data.
    The Nuvi did however start up, acquired satellites, I plugged the power cord back in & it worked perfectly for the rest of my stay in Stormy Sydney.
    It even lost satellite in the Sydney harbor Tunnel on the way to the airport & still worked fine when emerging.
    So its all good now, just thought I'd share this with everyone in case it happens to you.

More info on Nuvi Master Resets
    Last edited by Tiny; 21-02-12 at 04:55 PM. Reason: removed dead link
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Look Here ->