• Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3

3 37.50%
  • Don't care...both are good.

0 0%

Thread: BF vs COD:MW3 poll

Thanks

Default BF vs COD:MW3 poll

Sure, I am late to the party on these.

Everyone seemed to go on about MW3 so I thought I'd have a look. sure Its good and enjoyable..... played it for a while, thought I might check out BF3 thinking it would be inferior. I have only started playing it, and in many ways I like it more than COD:MW3, both have things I do not like... but

I think BF3 is better in general...

Anyone else have an opinion.

should be noted, I do not play online, so can not make a decision about the co-op's.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

IMO there very similar on camapign modes. only real differences is once you get online.

personally im a COD man

Thanks

I was a little amased about how many eff words get fired off in BF3... not a prude... but seems like ever 3rd sentence ..... and I thought you could turn this off, but does not look like it...

For me, BF3 whilst I think has way too many cut scenes or FMV, seems to be more realistic IMHO (not having been a MILITARY person!).

like you said, perhaps its the mulit-player experience that may be the difference, I'd almost be prepared to do that myself (the on-line thing), as the games are very impressive...
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

After reading reviews BF3 is said to be better online multiplayer with a 'weird and strange' single player campaign, whilst MW3 got a great write up for it's single player campaign but was inferior with online multiplayer.

As I only play offline I went for MW3 and quite enjoyed it...More of the same, but still great, plus you get Specs Ops to play aswell...

Thanks

You may be right, I must fire up MW3 tomorrow and have a look, played about 1 hour of BF3 and I thought it was good, from controlling tanks, to shooting down planes... I enjoyed it.... although doing a xyz minute mission, then having to watch several minutes of FMV is starting to get annoying..I must be a noob, as I have completed 54% of MW3, but for the life of me, can not find out how much of BF3 I have done.....

Thanks

What a bugger!.

Thought I'd have a lazy friday playing xbox, fired up BF3, played for 1 and a bit hours... finished it. because I posted that I should have a look at MW3, fired that up to compare , 20 minutes later that's completed too...

Not sure how many hours in BF3 there is, but did not seem much, whereas MW3 tells me I played for 7 1/2 hours, above post was a slight error, it was 50.4% complete (not 54%) so now special ops to go.

BF3 might be quicker as I FF'ed the story dialogue 90% of the time...

Thanks

The thing with MW3 is that it is basically a map pack for MW2. While it is still a good game, personally i think its getting a bit old. I have been playing COD since COD4 and i think i have finally had enough of it. Same connection and lag issues as every previous game and the same weapon problems too. Since when does a knife beat half a mag from a smg or ar? Since when can a shotgun beat an ar at medium distance? Since when can you fire a whole mag directly at someone and not get a kill while one round can kill you?

I would give them both a miss and go for GOW3. Hands down, still one of the best games and game series i have played.

• The Following User Says Thank You to viper5150 For This Useful Post:

Mgoldbe1 (25-02-12)

Thanks

Hard to compare different games, both very similar in single player but multiplayer is different.

BF3 is a team orintated game and COD is more single player with allot less teamwork involved. Both good games and will come down to personal choice.

Both games and different on console and PC, I have played both and previous versions on PC and console and found to be a different game.

BF3 for me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnwinger For This Useful Post:

Mgoldbe1 (25-02-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post

Not sure how many hours in BF3 there is, but did not seem much, whereas MW3 tells me I played for 7 1/2 hours, above post was a slight error, it was 50.4% complete (not 54%) so now special ops to go.
    Yes, I finished MW3 single player campaign with 51% complete and took about 7.5 hours of play time. (How do you get 100% completion? Do you have collect all the intel and items etc?

Quote Originally Posted by viper5150 View Post

I would give them both a miss and go for GOW3. Hands down, still one of the best games and game series i have played.

Totally agree - GOW Series rocks - absolutely loved them all! Brilliant games..you'll love them.

Thanks

So what do you think about BF3 single player campaign...?? Worth playing? I still have Spec Ops to finish in MW3 first.

Thanks

The GOW series are great, I struggled a bit to go from a PC shooter to a console controller but enjoyed several hours at a mates place.

I think people just either love one and hate the other but both are good games for the style of game they are.

BF3 was mainly created for online play, the single player is nothing compared to the multi player online.

Thanks

[QUOTE=johnwinger;468499]

BF3 was mainly created for online play, the single player is nothing compared to the multi player online.[/QUOTE

Thanks, Yes I am missing out on what the game was designed for...Offline only for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post
    The GOW series are great, I struggled a bit to go from a PC shooter to a console controller but enjoyed several hours at a mates place.

I think people just either love one and hate the other but both are good games for the style of game they are.

BF3 was mainly created for online play, the single player is nothing compared to the multi player online.
    I played GOW3 for a while, to be honest did not like it too much. (perhaps I have not played it enough). I kinda feel the same about syndicate (which has had tons of hype)... perhaps I'll never be happy

Thanks

I already have Modern Warfare 3, Its an amazing game. Most people would agree, I'm about to buy Battlefield 3, How does it compare to MW3? Does it have more bugs and is the multiplayer not very smooth? I found this in Bad Company 2... What are the pro's and cons? thanks

Thanks

I'm interested to hear what made you conclude that you preferred BF3 SP over MW3 SP?

I haven't heard that sentiment expressed very much.. I just got the impression that BF3 was playing catch-up, trying to fit into the MW3 mold.
    MP - certainly a different ball game, but SP I found MW3 superior.

Thoughts?