Thread: How to Remove Your Google Search History Before It's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Default How to Remove Your Google Search History Before It's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect.

How to Remove Your Google Search History Before Google's New Privacy Policy Takes Effect

On March 1st, Google will implement its new, unified privacy policy, which will affect data Google has collected on you prior to March 1st as well as data it collects on you in the future. Until now, your Google Web History (your Google searches and sites visited) was cordoned off from Google's other products. This protection was especially important because search data can reveal particularly sensitive information about you, including facts about your location, interests, age, sexual orientation, religion, health concerns, and more. If you want to keep Google from combining your Web History with the data they have gathered about you in their other products, such as YouTube or Google Plus, you may want to remove all items from your Web History and stop your Web History from being recorded in the future.

Here's how you can do that:

1. Sign into your Google account.

2. Go to

3. Click "remove all Web History."

4. Click "ok."

Note that removing your Web History also pauses it. Web History will remain off until you enable it again.

If you have several Google accounts, you will need to do this for each of them.

Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

aa23 (26-02-12),allover (24-02-12),baseel (23-02-12),bigfella08 (26-02-12),bob_m_54 (23-02-12),conan_oz (26-02-12),dungbeetle46 (29-08-12),efab (23-02-12),GavinSV (23-02-12),Gerbertron (23-02-12),Jims Brother (08-09-12),joezep (23-02-12),Mgoldbe1 (23-02-12),mickstv (24-02-12),Moof (23-02-12),myclock (17-04-12),OSIRUS (23-02-12),peter3535 (27-02-12),rievax (23-02-12),Tiny (27-02-12),tristen (25-02-12),weirdo (23-02-12)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Thanks for the heads up..... hopefully that may help several people out.
    I have been using the Internet ever since it became publicly available.
    I also started using the google web browser as soon as it became available.
    On my computer with my web browser, I have full control over what cookies are accepted, what java script is allowed to run, what plugins are allowed to run and Flash cookies that are allowed are removed after the page is closed.
    I also have full control over the search history etc that is saved on 'my computer'.
    I love my Linux operating system and all the choices that are available to me.
    Even though I have an ADSL connection I reboot my modem every second day to obtain a different IP address.
    I also wear clean underwear everyday, but anyway, why would I need a goggle account ?
    It is a rectorical question, wasn't there something reported about facebook privacy last week as well ?
    What's next .....?
    What advantages are there having a goggle account anyway, it seems that it is another way for collecting more personal information for some other persons advantage other than your own.
    Even a TV advert for a steam mop or a ladder now won't give you the cost, so you have to ring the phone number and you find that it is always busy, you have to leave your name and phone number so that they can return your call...... they have just collected some of your personal information before you have even bought anything !
    Special prices for ladies....No repayments until 2010.....yes that would even work today for some people, go figure.....
    Why are some people so gullible.......Free set of steak knives anyone ?
    We used to wonder how safe it was to walk down the street,
    now we wonder how safe it is to take a ride on the Internet super highway !
    It seems that less safety precautions are needed on an international air flight, ask Australia's leading airline ...dig.
    Anyway, here endeth today's rant, thank you for reading. have a nice day. ( insert an all American smile here )
    ...Sorry, could not resist that one.

• The Following User Says Thank You to kde For This Useful Post:

Joey (23-02-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kde View Post
    I have been using the Internet ever since it became publicly available.
    I also started using the google web browser as soon as it became available.
    why would I need a goggle account ?
    Same here and have never had or needed a google account , so that's is an interesting question , why do people have or need a google account ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Same here and have never had or needed a google account , so that's is an interesting question , why do people have or need a google account ?
    Gmail, easily the best free email service in my opinion.7+ gig of space, excellent spam filtering, the ability to operate all of your (different) email accounts out of the gmail account. It certainly answered my prayers for email services. Extra 20 gig space for $5 a year.

I personally dont give a crap what they do with my information, I dont find it exciting and doubt too many others would either

Thanks

while everyone is at it, why not opt out of ad tracking as well

I personally dont give a crap what they do with my information, I dont find it exciting and doubt too many others would either
    Out of interest, is that for real? or a joke?
    Last edited by z1gg33; 23-02-12 at 07:10 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to z1gg33 For This Useful Post:

allover (24-02-12),bigfella08 (26-02-12),JasonC (25-02-12),Jims Brother (08-09-12),joezep (23-02-12),mickstv (24-02-12),tristen (25-02-12)

Thanks

z1gg33,
    that is a great find. It bugged me for so long every time i searched something i could see it was pointing to some ad before it went to the page.

Thanks

if you want to remove ads/scripts, permanently and your a FF user, try
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z1gg33 For This Useful Post:

allover (24-02-12),evti (05-09-12),joezep (24-02-12),mickstv (24-02-12),tristen (25-02-12)

Thanks

seems other's in power, do not like the idea either....

Thanks

^^^^^
    thanks mate get sick of google ads in everything

Thanks

Regarding my previous post, No#2 above here .....
    I have just realised that I mistakenly wrote:
    "I also started using the google web browser as soon as it became available."

That was a case of my fingers not functioning correctly.
    Apologies, my revised edit to shorten a lot of the post cut out four words in error, it should have read :
    "I also started using the google 'search engine in my' web browser as soon as it became available.

It probably makes little difference to my overall point, but I have never used a google web browser.
    I use the 'Konqueror' web browser in the KDE desktop and that web browser gives me all the required customisation and a very satisfying safe browsing experience.

I also have ten email accounts that come standard with my ADSL Internet account, so the need for extra email addresses for me is not there.
    The email client within the organizer 'Kontact' that also is part of my Linux OS is very customisable and suits all my needs etc......

EDIT: And the idea of 'Cloud' computing, online storage ....?????
    Again to store all your personal information on a server/hard drive situated who knows where and belonging to who knows who ?
    And, this idea of ' Cloud Computing' will be probably be used by business people that we all deal with.....

All I can say is Please..... "Have A Brain" ........

Anyway for now, I'm now 'Having A Nice Day' with an 'Australian' smile on my face.
    Yes even though my Linux distribution is French...... but she's very good to me !
    --------------

Off topic, but most people like 'Fried Bread' Yes ?
    we are all told how bad it is for us, Yes ?

So, wholemeal bread and olive oil is good Yes ?
    So, how about - fry the wholemeal bread in olive oil ....?
    ....... Now that's good fried bread, Yes !
    Last edited by kde; 25-02-12 at 01:24 PM. Reason: trying to get it right...

Thanks

I use Ccleaner for this and other things, and go perfect